LGC Family News 9/23/21
· Everyone is encouraged to join us this Sunday evening, September 26, at 6:00 p.m. for a time of information, worship and prayer as we head into the Capital Campaign to raise funds for our new church building.
· The Ladies Fellowship group will begin meeting this Wednesday, September 29, 6:30-8:00, in the Mailbox room. If you have questions, please contact Shannan Vincent at 574.298.6797.
· IMPORTANT: We all want our giving to be acceptable to the Lord. From a willing heart, people can make a very legitimate statement “I am willing to give, but I need help in knowing how.” That’s why we are offering our Creative Giving Seminar; to help all of us, regardless of our economic status, learn how to get our actual giving to match our capacity and our willingness. We are offering the following opportunity to learn Creative Giving techniques on Thursday, September 30, at 6:00 p.m., here at the church. Our time together will touch on techniques that can be used if a person has accumulated wealth or if a person has only a paycheck. It will be a relaxed, fun time, where we can communicate information and, by brainstorming together, discover some techniques we had not thought about before. (This seminar will be led by Bill Walter from Church Growth Services.)
· For all Seniors (55+): You are invited to our church Fellowship Hall on Friday, October 8, at 1:00 p.m., for a movie matinee. We will show the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association movie called “The Ride.” Hope to see you there. Let’s rodeo!
· We plan to update our church pictorial directory! For those of you who are new to LGC, or do not have a photo in the directory, or families who want an updated photo, we will be taking pictures on October 23 and 24. There are sign-up sheets in the foyer to sign up for a time slot. Please sign up early so we know if we need more time slots!
· Steve and Stacy Yoder will be facilitating classes on the Constitution and history of America, and what it looks like to live out our Christian faith in the public arena. Classes will be held in the Fellowship Hall each Saturday, October 2-November 20, 9:00-11:00 a.m. Contact them for more information.
· If any homeschool families are looking for a field trip co-op, please contact Bethany Knaus.
· We are looking to form a Church Picnic Committee to oversee the planning of our annual picnic. If interested, please contact one of the pastors or one of the deacons.
· YOUNG ADULTS (ages 18-25): We’d like to encourage you to attend the Cross Conference in Louisville, KY Dec. 29 – Jan. 1. Celebrate the new year by being challenged from the Word of God. More info can be found at crosscon.com
If there is enough interest, we can get a group discount. If interested or have questions, please contact Pastor Jim.
· Missionaries of the Month: Ramil & Vafa Abdullayev, serving with Cru in the Caspian Region.
· Nursery: 1st Service: Mary & Ellie Miller S.S.: Beth Brown, Patty Kaylor, Deb Mullett 2nd Service: Laramie George, Shannan Vincent, Dennise Leismer
· Children’s Church: 1st Service Teacher: Amanda Hurst 1st Service Helpers: Blake & Kelsey Taylor 2nd Service Teacher: Morgan Slabaugh 2nd Service Helpers: 2’s & 3’s: Jeremy & Heather Bechtel 4’s & 5’s: Brita & Chloe Miller K & 1st: Pauline Raasch
· September Greeters: Randy & Sandy Raasch, Mike Kearney, Jake Beer
· October Greeters: Alic Vanover, Dave Neff, Dennise Leismer, Josh George