Weekly news from Ellsworth CRC
Last week I preached on Luke 24:13-35, the story of Jesus meeting two followers along the way. They leave Jerusalem in disappointment and confusion. They don't recognize Jesus when he walks with them. He retells their story in light of himself, starting with the very beginning of scripture. Still, they can't see him until they offer him hospitality and he breaks bread for them. Jesus reveals himself to them on the way, like he does to us today. How have you seen Jesus on the way?
Watch the sermon below:
Announcements & Prayer
- Theresa Van Stedum passed away on Saturday. Her family invites people to come for visitation tomorrow, Wednesday April 21, from 11am-1pm at our church. A private funeral and burial will follow.
- Please pray for the health concerns and ongoing healing for Tom Wynsma, Terri Drenth, Jobye Lammers, Larry Vander Slik and Thelma Drenth.
- Ebenezer Christian School is looking for a Preschool Teacher/Director.
- Moms and Tots is looking for women who can volunteer a minimum of 3hrs/month.
- Continue bringing in your bottles and cans for Project Canefire.
- Prayers for Jake Penfold and his family on the death of his sister, Sue Kabot. May God grant peace and comfort to the family in this time.
- Pray for Jobje Lammers as she continues cancer treatments.
- 4/25 - Zuni Christian Mission
- 5/2 - Ebenezer
- 5/9 - Ben Meyer (Resonate/CRWM)
Give online to General Fund or Scheduled Offerings. We encourage you to set up recurring gifts for your tithe online or via your bank's bill pay service. As always, you are welcome to mail checks to the church or give in the boxes near the exit.
Next Sunday, April 25
We continue the story of the early church in Acts 6. Conflict arises in the church - some widows aren't being treated fairly. The apostles choose some people to be deacons so that they can focus on the ministry of the word. But as often happens in Acts, the Holy Spirit disrupts their roles and a deacon starts preaching. It won't be the last time we see the Spirit shake up the church!
Blessings and Peace,