Welcome to our Weekly Newsletter!
In this newsletter you will find an outline for our upcoming sermon, sermon follow up questions, news, and more! Is there something that you'd like to share in an upcoming newsletter? Contact Megan at 308-832-1574 or firstname.lastname@example.org with requests.
Please Connect with Us!
In order to make contact and connection easier, please be sure to update your Faithlife account with your name, a photo, and any contact info that you'd like to share! Faithlife can serve as a Facebook-type connection point, but with the safety of a private group.
Daily Prayer Guide
We are called to pray for each other daily, and MEFC provides opportunities to help you keep yourself organized and accountable! Pick up a physical Daily Prayer Guide from the pamphlet display in the foyer. Praying for one another is a priceless gift!
Let's celebrate one another! A monthly list of MEFC birthdays and anniversaries can also be found on the bulletin board in the foyer. Is your special day missing from our list? Contact Megan in the office so we can update your information!
Sermon Follow Up Questions
Help us celebrate Pastor Appreciation Month by providing a meal or a gift card for Pastor Tom, Pastor Lige, and their families!
Zambian Mission Project-US (ZMP-US) is a non-profit organization based in Minden, Nebraska who partners with a sister organization (ZMP-Zambia) in Lusaka, Zambia. Our mission is to develop an Orphan Care Center in Central Zambia where we are working to meet immediate food, clothing and housing needs of orphans. We are also seeking to address their long term needs of education and vocational training. We are holding our 4th annual auction fundraiser on October 29th at 7pm in the Minden Opera House and would like to request donations of auction items. Donated items will be split into 2 different categories, live auction and silent auction. We would like to receive all non-food items by Mon, Oct 25th . For more information about the upcoming auction event and to see what we have been able to do with your help in our first 3 auctions (see “Aug 2021 – Update”), please, visit our website at:
Based on our experience with our past actions we have developed the following donation guidelines to assist you in deciding what you might donate and inform you on how donated auction items will be used:
1. For donation ideas look at our list of basket ideas found on our website (zambianmissionproject.org) or our Facebook page.
2. Please, donate only new items, not anything that has been previously used.
3. Food items can be dropped off on auction day but we need to know about the items by Mon, Oct 25th.So we can organize them for the auction.
4. To keep the total time of auction under 90 minutes, we will place some items in a silent auction. No disrespect is intended to an item placed in silent auction. We are deeply thankful for all donated items. Preference will be given to themed donations for inclusion in the live auction.
5. Some individual donated items may be grouped together as part of a themed auction group.
To schedule pick or drop of any donation items, please, contact:
308-627-8147 (call or text)
Are you currently in an iron man/woman team? Are you interested in joining or forming one? Join us on November 7th at 12:15 for an encouraging and informational lunch! Please RSVP to the office by November 4th so that we can plan for the meal.
Are you interested in baptism or baby dedication? Please contact the office for more information!
We are in need of cookie bakers (or purchasers) and coffee servers! If you are interested in serving in this way, please sign up at the link below:
Thank you for your willingness to serve MEFC in this way!
If you are not currently a member of a group and would like help finding one, please contact the office or a Bible Fellowship leader listed below:
Leader: Tim Birnie Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 12
Leader: Rod Shepherd Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC Library
Leader: Steve Shearer Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 9:45am Place: MEFC East Room 12
Leader: Scott Pinkham Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 10
Leader: Mark Lundeen Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 11
- Join us during our weekly prayer time at the church, Sundays at 5pm.
- Send us your prayer requests via email to email@example.com or call them in at 308-832-1574.
- Post prayer requests on the MEFC Faithlife group page!
- Use our Daily Prayer Guide, found in the foyer pamphlet display, to pray for our faith family!
Groups Meeting at the Church
Please remember to check in with the office when planning for groups to meet in the church building so we can put you on the calendar. We have had several instances recently where more than one group planned to use the same room. We want to accommodate everyone as best we may, but planning ahead is key!
Minden Little Free Pantry
The Minden Little Free Pantry is located on the east side of the old IGA parking lot on N. Nebraska Avenue. Nonperishable food items, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, and pet food are available to those in need 24 hours a day. If you have a need, please stop by and help yourself. Likewise, if you are able to help keep the pantry stocked by donating items, please also do so!
We thank you for your faithful support of the ministry of the Minden Evangelical Free Church. We offer the following additional methods of giving:
- Give online via our website at Mindenefree.com. You can access the direct link to the Giving function HERE.
- You can utilize our new Text to Give function! Simply text the word "Give" plus your chosen amount ("Give 10" or "Give 100", for example) to 531-300-2255. You will receive a text with step by step instructions to set up your first gift, and all subsequent text to give tithes will automatically be given to our general fund.
- You may mail physical tithes to the church at the following address:
Minden E-Free Church
1310 W. 1st Street
Minden, NE 68959
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-832-1574.