Welcome to our Weekly Newsletter!
In this newsletter you will find an outline for our upcoming sermon, sermon follow up questions, news, and more! Is there something that you'd like to share in an upcoming newsletter? Contact Megan at 308-832-1574 or firstname.lastname@example.org with requests.
Title: "How Do You Respond?"
Text: Luke 5:17-26
1. JESUS HEALS A PARALYZED MAN.
2. THE RESPONSES TO JESUS.
3. TRUE REPENTANCE AND SAVING FAITH.
1. In what ways does this sermon equip you to disciple others?
2. In what ways does a genuine response to Jesus Christ in faith and repentance differ from how we often explain what response to him is? Why is it important to get this right?
3. In what ways can you help someone you know that might be struggling with genuine faith and repentance?
4. What do we take away from the friends of the paralyzed man and what we learn from them about how to help people come to Jesus?
Need an extra hand with your spring projects? Our Unashamed Youth are willing to do your dirty work! We are accepting free will donations in exchange for labor to raise funds for our upcoming trip to Challenge. Got a job for us? Contact Pastor Lige or Megan!
The Deaconess Team is taking a special offering during the month of June to bless the missionary women MEFC supports. If you wish to donate, please mark your donation for the Bakeless Bake Sale and leave it in the offering box or at the church office. Thank you for continuing to lift up these women as they take the love of God out to other countries and communities!
Children’s Church will take a summer break through the end of August. Stay tuned for updates!
Women's Summer Study
Please join us this summer as we pursue a greater understanding of God's Word and how He is working in our lives. Priscilla Shirer's Bible study, Elijah, will lead us on a bold faith journey. It will encourage us to fully trust God's goodness, embrace the varying seasons of life, and "pray down Heaven in impossible situations".
The 7-session study will begin Wednesday, June 8th. We will meet from 12:00-1:00 while hubbies are home to watch the littles. Or for those that are working outside the home at that time, this is an opportunity to feast on God's Word over your lunch break (feel free to bring your lunch to feast on, as well).
If you are interested in joining this study, please contact Kim Olson at 830-1457. God Bless!
All ladies are invited to share in a bridal shower celebration for Shannon Farlin at Hope Evangelical Free Church, 907 Ave C in Kearney, at 4pm on Saturday, June 25th.
Please remember to check the lost and found area, on the shelves above the coat racks, for items that you may have left behind.
Are you interested in baptism or baby dedication? Please contact the office for more information!
Daily Prayer Guide
We are called to pray for each other daily, and MEFC provides opportunities to help you keep yourself organized and accountable! Pick up a physical Daily Prayer Guide from the pamphlet display in the foyer. Praying for one another is a priceless gift!
The MEFC office will be open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 9am-11am. If you must contact Megan outside of these hours, please call or text only from 8am-5pm to respect her family time. You may also email or leave a message on the church machine at any time!
We are in need of cookie bakers (or purchasers) and coffee servers! If you are interested in serving in this way, please sign up at the link below:
Thank you for your willingness to serve MEFC in this way!
If you are not currently a member of a group and would like help finding one, please contact the office or a Bible Fellowship leader listed below:
Leader: Tim Birnie Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 12
Leader: Rod Shepherd Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC Library
Leader: Steve Shearer Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 9:45am Place: MEFC East Room 12
Leader: Scott Pinkham Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 10
Leader: Mark Lundeen Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 11
Leader: Pastor Tom Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 6:30pm Place: 441 W. Lexington, Minden
- Join us during our weekly prayer time at the church, Sundays at 5pm.
- Send us your prayer requests via email to email@example.com or call them in at 308-832-1574.
- Post prayer requests on the MEFC Faithlife group page!
- Use our Daily Prayer Guide, found in the foyer pamphlet display, to pray for our faith family!
Groups Meeting at the Church
Please remember to check in with the office when planning for groups to meet in the church building so we can put you on the calendar. We have had several instances recently where more than one group planned to use the same room. We want to accommodate everyone as best we may, but planning ahead is key!
Minden Little Free Pantry
The Minden Little Free Pantry is located on the east side of the old IGA parking lot on N. Nebraska Avenue. Nonperishable food items, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, and pet food are available to those in need 24 hours a day. If you have a need, please stop by and help yourself. Likewise, if you are able to help keep the pantry stocked by donating items, please also do so!
We thank you for your faithful support of the ministry of the Minden Evangelical Free Church. We offer the following additional methods of giving:
- Give online via our website at Mindenefree.com. You can access the direct link to the Giving function HERE.
- You can utilize our new Text to Give function! Simply text the word "Give" plus your chosen amount ("Give 10" or "Give 100", for example) to 531-300-2255. You will receive a text with step by step instructions to set up your first gift, and all subsequent text to give tithes will automatically be given to our general fund.
- You may mail physical tithes to the church at the following address:
Minden E-Free Church
1310 W. 1st Street
Minden, NE 68959
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-832-1574.