Welcome to our Weekly Newsletter!
In this newsletter you will find an outline for our upcoming sermon, sermon follow up questions, news, and more! Is there something that you'd like to share in an upcoming newsletter? Contact Sandi at 308-832-1574 or email@example.com with requests.
Title: "Learning From The Disciples"
Bible Passage: Luke 6:12-16
1. HOW JESUS ORGANIZED THE DISCIPLES.
2. WHO THE DISCIPLES WERE: TEAM 1
3. BRINGING IT TOGETHER.
1. What did you discover about Jesus in this sermon?
2. What did you discover about yourself as a disciple of Jesus?
3. What was your biggest take away? What changes will you make starting this week?
4. With whom will you be accountable for those changes?
5. This week, with whom can you share a key truth from this sermon?
Please pray for Pastor Tom’s October 9-20th Zambia mission trip. If you would like to give toward it, please go to our MEFC web site Giving page, enter the amount, then under the amount choose in the pop-up menu “Pastor Tom’s Zambia Trip.” You also can drop a check in the offering box or in the office and designate it for Pastor Tom’s trip. Thank you in advance to all who will pray and all who will give.
Let's have fun together! On September 11th, from 11am-4pm, MEFC will be hosting a community wide Family Fun Day! This FREE event will include a hot dog lunch, bounce houses, cotton candy, ice cream, tables highlighting our various children's ministries, and so much more!
Please stay tuned for ways that you can volunteer to make this event a success, and pray about supporting the day financially by making a donation to the church marked "Family Fun Day"!
Children’s Church will take a summer break through the end of August. Stay tuned for updates!
Please remember to check the lost and found area, on the shelves above the coat racks, for items that you may have left behind.
There are several Bibles and travel mugs so please check to see if one of these items is yours. Thank you.
Are you interested in baptism or baby dedication? Please contact the office for more information!
Daily Prayer Guide
We are called to pray for each other daily, and MEFC provides opportunities to help you keep yourself organized and accountable! Pick up a physical Daily Prayer Guide from the pamphlet display in the foyer. Praying for one another is a priceless gift!
The MEFC office will be open Monday - Friday from 9am-12 Noon beginning August 1. If you must contact Sandi outside of these hours, please call or text only from 8am-5pm to respect her family time. You may also email or leave a message on the church machine at any time!
We are in need of cookie bakers (or purchasers) and coffee servers! If you are interested in serving in this way, please sign up at the link below:
Thank you for your willingness to serve MEFC in this way!
If you are not currently a member of a group and would like help finding one, please contact the office or a Bible Fellowship leader listed below:
Leader: Tim Birnie Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 12
Leader: Rod Shepherd Study: Heaven by Randy Alcorn
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC Library
Leader: Steve Shearer Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: Sanctuary
Leader: Scott Pinkham Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 10
Leader: Mark Lundeen Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 11
Leader: Pastor Tom Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 6:30pm Place: 441 W. Lexington, Minden
- Join us during our weekly prayer time at the church, Sundays at 5pm.
- Send us your prayer requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call them in at 308-832-1574.
- Post prayer requests on the MEFC Faithlife group page!
- Use our Daily Prayer Guide, found in the foyer pamphlet display, to pray for our faith family!
Groups Meeting at the Church
Please remember to check in with the office when planning for groups to meet in the church building so we can put you on the calendar. We have had several instances recently where more than one group planned to use the same room. We want to accommodate everyone as best we may, but planning ahead is key!
Minden Little Free Pantry
The Minden Little Free Pantry is located on the east side of the old IGA parking lot on N. Nebraska Avenue. Nonperishable food items, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, and pet food are available to those in need 24 hours a day. If you have a need, please stop by and help yourself. Likewise, if you are able to help keep the pantry stocked by donating items, please also do so!
August 17th @ 6:30pm will be volunteer training. Contact Pastor Lige with questions at email@example.com
We thank you for your faithful support of the ministry of the Minden Evangelical Free Church. We offer the following additional methods of giving:
- Give online via our website at Mindenefree.com. You can access the direct link to the Giving function HERE.
- You can utilize our new Text to Give function! Simply text the word "Give" plus your chosen amount ("Give 10" or "Give 100", for example) to 531-300-2255. You will receive a text with step by step instructions to set up your first gift, and all subsequent text to give tithes will automatically be given to our general fund.
- You may mail physical tithes to the church at the following address:
Minden E-Free Church
1310 W. 1st Street
Minden, NE 68959
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-832-1574.