Welcome to our Weekly Newsletter!
In this newsletter you will find an outline for our upcoming sermon, sermon follow up questions, news, and more! Is there something that you'd like to share in an upcoming newsletter? Contact Megan at 308-832-1574 or email@example.com with requests.
Title: "True Greatness"
Passage: Luke 7:18-50
HOW DO WE DEFINE GREATNESS?
1. THE FAITHFUL OT SAINT?18-28
2. THE SELF-SUFFICIENT? 29-35
3. A SINNER SAVED BY GRACE? 36-50
1. What did you discover about true greatness in this sermon?
2. What did you discover about God the Father, the Son, and/or the Spirit in this sermon?
3. What did you discover about yourself or others in this sermon?
4. In what ways can you apply this sermon?
5. With whom can you share your discoveries this week?
ZMP Auction Fundraiser!
Please make plans to join us on Friday, November 11th at 7:00 PM at the Minden Opera House for the 2022 Zambian Mission Project auction fundraiser!
If you would like to make a donation to the auction, please contact Frank Kovacs or April Williams. We hope to see you at the auction!
Bible Journaling Event
Ladies middle-school aged and up are invited to the Bible Art Journaling workshop at the church on Nov. 5th from 8:30 – 11:00 am. Materials and breakfast will be provided so just bring a smile and your creativity! More details on the Bible Art Journaling Event Page. Contact Jodi Holmes (402) 615-1454 or Kristina Swedberg (402) 853-4803 by 10/29/22 to RSVP or ask questions.
We will hold membership classes during the 11:00 hour, beginning Sunday, November 13th. If you are interested in membership, please contact Pastor Tom.
If you are not currently a member of a group and would like help finding one, please contact the office or a Bible Fellowship leader listed below:
Leader: Tim Birnie Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 12
Leader: Rod Shepherd Study: Heaven by Randy Alcorn
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC Library
Leader: Paul Mosley Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: Sanctuary
Leader: Scott Pinkham Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 10
Leader: Mark Lundeen Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 11
Leader: Pastor Tom Study: Gentle and Lowly
Day/Time: Sundays, 6:30pm Place: 441 W. Lexington, Minden
Please plan to join us for a family “hanging of the greens” event on Sunday, November 27th beginning immediately after Sunday school. Pizza lunch will be provided. A sign up sheet will be available on the welcome center.
NO AWANA THIS WEEK
There will be no AWANA held this week due to state volleyball. GO WHIPPETS!
Join us for a Packing Party, Thursday, November 17th from 6-7 pm. Many hands make light work!
Please have your donation items at the church by Wednesday November 16th.
Please plan on attending the Iron man & Iron woman teams luncheon on November 13th beginning after fellowship groups. Stay tuned for more information.
Cookies & Coffee Servers
We are in need of cookie bakers (or purchasers) and coffee servers! If you are interested in serving in this way, please sign up at the link below:
Thank you for your willingness to serve MEFC in this way!
- Send us your prayer requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call them in at 308-832-1574.
- Post prayer requests on the MEFC Faithlife group page!
- Use our Daily Prayer Guide, found in the foyer pamphlet display, to pray for our faith family!
Building Use Reminder
Please remember to check in with the office when planning for groups to meet in the church building so we can put you on the calendar. We have had several instances recently where more than one group planned to use the same room. We want to accommodate everyone as best we may, but planning ahead is key!
Minden Little Free Pantry
The Minden Little Free Pantry is located on the east side of the old IGA parking lot on N. Nebraska Avenue. Nonperishable food items, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, and pet food are available to those in need 24 hours a day. If you have a need, please stop by and help yourself. Likewise, if you are able to help keep the pantry stocked by donating items, please also do so!
We thank you for your faithful support of the ministry of the Minden Evangelical Free Church. We offer the following additional methods of giving:
- Give online via our website at Mindenefree.com. You can access the direct link to the Giving function HERE.
- You can utilize our new Text to Give function! Simply text the word "Give" plus your chosen amount ("Give 10" or "Give 100", for example) to 531-300-2255. You will receive a text with step by step instructions to set up your first gift, and all subsequent text to give tithes will automatically be given to our general fund.
- You may mail physical tithes to the church at the following address:
Minden E-Free Church
1310 W. 1st Street
Minden, NE 68959
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com or 308-832-1574.