Welcome to our Weekly Newsletter!
In this newsletter you will find an outline for our upcoming sermon, sermon follow up questions, news, and more! Is there something that you'd like to share in an upcoming newsletter? Contact Megan at 308-832-1574 or email@example.com with requests.
Sermon Title: "Who Do You Say Jesus Is?"
Bible Passage: Luke 9:18-22
1. He Is A Human Fully Dependent Upon God The Father. 18
2. He is More Than Merely A Great Man. 18-19
3. He Is The Promised Divine/Human King. 20
4. He Is The Suffering Servant Who Pays The Penalty For The Sin Of Sinners. 22
1. What were some of the ways that the people mentioned at the beginning of the sermon misunderstood who Jesus is?
2. What are some of the reasons we must know who Jesus is?
3. Who is Jesus?
4. What did you discover about Jesus?
5. What did you discover about yourself or others?
If you are not currently a member of a group and would like help finding one, please contact the office or a Bible Fellowship leader listed below:
Leader: Tim Birnie Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 12
Leader: Rod Shepherd Study: Gentle & Lowly
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC Library
Leader: Paul Mosley Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: Sanctuary
Leader: Scott Pinkham Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 10
Leader: Mark Lundeen Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 11
Leader: Pastor Tom Study: Gentle and Lowly
Day/Time: Sundays, 6:30pm Place: 441 W. Lexington, Minden
Join the Unseen Backup Prayer Team
If you want to be part of the Unseen Backup Prayer Team for our church (different than the one for the police dept.), please either reach out to Pastor Tom or leave a message in the church office.
1. That those part of our church would be strengthened with all power, according to God’s glorious might, and that this would result in for a great deal of endurance and patience with joy. Also, that we would give thanks to God the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.. (Colossians 1:11-12)
2. That in the Sunday morning service, Bible Fellowships, Sunday School classes, and children’s church, that the Bible teachings can be understood and applied, that hearers will find delight in God’s Word, that God will incline hearts to trust in and obey him, and that God would protect us all from being distracted from the truths taught.
3. That God would produce must lasting fruit in and through our Iron Man/Woman teams.
4. That God would lead and guide Daniel and Shannon Farlin in their ministries, and that he would produce much lasting fruit through them.
5. In Luke 10:2 we read: “And [Jesus] said to them, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.’” This is a prayer that Jesus would not only save many but that he would also make them into laborers in the harvest field who are sharing the gospel and make disciples. Consider making a commitment to pray this prayer for our church, ministries, and missionaries, every morning at 10:02.
6. That God would enable undertrained pastors around the world to receive training from ministries like Network Beyond.
7. May we spend time in prayer. “God’s calling for your church is too important to neglect, and it’s too important to take on without the power of the Spirit. Ask God to so fill the life of your church with His Spirit that your community notices a difference. Ask Him to equip you for the role He has called you to play in His plan of redemption.” (From the book, Multiply: Disciples Making Disciples, by Francis Chan, with Mark Beuving)
8. For leaders of the towns in Kearney co., to lead with wisdom and according to God’s will.
9. That God would supply an Administrative Assistant for our church.
10. Any other requests that emerge from your Bible Fellowship, Iron Man/Woman team, or family.
Other ways to get involved in prayer:
- Send us your prayer requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call them in at 308-832-1574.
- Post prayer requests on the MEFC Faithlife group page!
- Use our Daily Prayer Guide, found in the foyer pamphlet display, to pray for our faith family!
AWANA calendar dates: March 1, 15, 22, 29, April 5, 12, 2023. End of Year Program April 19, 2023.
Cookies & Coffee Servers
We are in need of cookie bakers (or purchasers) and coffee servers! If you are interested in serving in this way, please sign up at the link below:
Thank you for your willingness to serve MEFC in this way!
Building Use Reminder
Please remember to check in with the office when planning for groups to meet in the church building so we can put you on the calendar. We have had several instances recently where more than one group planned to use the same room. We want to accommodate everyone as best we may, but planning ahead is key!
MEFC is once again looking for a part time administrative assistant. Please contact the office if you can help!
Minden Little Free Pantry
The Minden Little Free Pantry is located on the east side of the old IGA parking lot on N. Nebraska Avenue. Nonperishable food items, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, and pet food are available to those in need 24 hours a day. If you have a need, please stop by and help yourself. Likewise, if you are able to help keep the pantry stocked by donating items, please also do so!
We thank you for your faithful support of the ministry of the Minden Evangelical Free Church. While we no longer support online giving, you may leave your offering in the box in the foyer, or mail it directly to:
Minden E-Free Church
1310 W. 1st Street
Minden, NE 68959
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com or 308-832-1574.