Welcome to our Weekly Newsletter!
In this newsletter you will find an outline for our upcoming sermon, sermon follow up questions, news, and more! Is there something that you'd like to share in an upcoming newsletter? Contact Megan at 308-832-1574 or email@example.com with requests.
Sermon Title: "Christ's Supremacy: The Motive For Sacrifice."
Sermon Text: Luke 9:28-36
1. Preliminary Matters. 28
2. Motive One: Jesus Is Truly God. 29
3. Motive Two: Powerful Human Testimony To His Divine Purpose. 30-31
4. Motive Three: Jesus Brings A Better Covenant. 32-33
5. Motive Four: Powerful Divine Testimony To His Divine Purpose. 34-35
6. Jesus Advances His Kingdom At The Right Time. 36
1. What did you discover about Jesus Christ in the sermon? What difference do these things make?
2. What did you discover about yourself and/or others in the sermon?
3. How do you need to change or grow in light of the sermon?
4. With whom can you share the main truths of the sermon with this week?
If you are not currently a member of a group and would like help finding one, please contact the office or a Bible Fellowship leader listed below:
Leader: Tim Birnie Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 12
Leader: Rod Shepherd Study: Gentle & Lowly
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC Library
Leader: Paul Mosley Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: Sanctuary
Leader: Scott Pinkham Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 10
Leader: Mark Lundeen Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 11
Leader: Pastor Tom Study: Gentle and Lowly
Day/Time: Sundays, 6:30pm Place: 441 W. Lexington, Minden
Join the Unseen Backup Prayer Team
If you want to be part of the Unseen Backup Prayer Team for our church (different than the one for the police dept.), please either reach out to Pastor Tom or leave a message in the church office.
Church Unseen Backup Prayer Team, please pray:
1. Daily for persecuted Christians through the VOM app.
2. For the members and regular attenders of our church through the MEFC daily prayer guide Scripture prayers. (available on wall display leading into the west wing)
3. For boys and girls to come to know Jesus Christ and to grow in him through our children’s ministries.
4. For people to hear and respond to the music and preaching during Sunday morning services.
5. For wisdom and fruitful ministry by Sandwell and Abigail Zgambo at Ambassador Int’l. University, and through their orphan care ministry.
6. Give thanks to God for Christians in your family and our faith family since God has qualified us to share in his inheritance, he has delivered us from Satan’s dominion, and he has brought us into the kingdom of his Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins (Col. 1:12-14).
7. In reference to human trafficking: that traffickers and buyers will find their transactions interrupted and their wicked plans frustrated (Ps. 9:16, 10:15, 146:9). will see the reality of what they are doing and seek help (Phil. 2:3–4; 1 Cor. 6:18–20).
8. Guidance for our city council.
9. That God would supply an Administrative Assistant for our church.
10. Any other requests that emerge from your Bible Fellowship, Iron Man/Woman team, or family.
AWANA calendar dates: March 1, 15, 22, 29, April 5, 12, 2023. End of Year Program April 19, 2023.
Cookies & Coffee Servers
We are in need of cookie bakers (or purchasers) and coffee servers! If you are interested in serving in this way, please sign up at the link below:
Thank you for your willingness to serve MEFC in this way!
Building Use Reminder
Please remember to check in with the office when planning for groups to meet in the church building so we can put you on the calendar. We have had several instances recently where more than one group planned to use the same room. We want to accommodate everyone as best we may, but planning ahead is key!
MEFC is once again looking for a part time administrative assistant. Please contact the office if you can help!
Minden Little Free Pantry
The Minden Little Free Pantry is located on the east side of the old IGA parking lot on N. Nebraska Avenue. Nonperishable food items, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, and pet food are available to those in need 24 hours a day. If you have a need, please stop by and help yourself. Likewise, if you are able to help keep the pantry stocked by donating items, please also do so!
We thank you for your faithful support of the ministry of the Minden Evangelical Free Church. While we no longer support online giving, you may leave your offering in the box in the foyer, or mail it directly to:
Minden E-Free Church
1310 W. 1st Street
Minden, NE 68959
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-832-1574.