Welcome to our Weekly Newsletter!
In this newsletter you will find an outline for our upcoming sermon, sermon follow up questions, news, and more! Is there something that you'd like to share in an upcoming newsletter? Contact Megan at 308-832-1574 or email@example.com with requests.
Bible Passage: Luke 9:43b-45
1. We Can Believe The New Testament.
2. Jesus Predicted His Death And Resurrection.
3. Jesus Died By Crucifixion.
4. Disciples Believed Jesus Rose From The Dead.
5. The Conversion of Paul.
6. The Conversion Of James.
7. The Tomb Was Empty.
8. There Are No Other Explanations.
If you are not currently a member of a group and would like help finding one, please contact the office or a Bible Fellowship leader listed below:
Leader: Tim Birnie Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 12
Leader: Rod Shepherd Study: Gentle & Lowly
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC Library
Leader: Paul Mosley Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: Sanctuary
Leader: Scott Pinkham Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 10
Leader: Mark Lundeen Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 11
Leader: Pastor Tom Study: Gentle and Lowly
Day/Time: Sundays, 6:30pm Place: 441 W. Lexington, Minden
Church Unseen Backup Prayer Team, please pray:
1. For persecuted Christians through the VOM app.
2. For the members and regular attenders of our church through the MEFC daily prayer guide.
3. Philippians 1:9-11: “And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, 10 so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.”
4. Sunday morning service; Bible Fellowships, Sunday School, and children’s church.
5. Rick and Fairy Hattan, AWANA area missionaries.
6. In Luke 10:2 we read: “And [Jesus] said to them, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.’” This is a prayer that Jesus would not only save many but that he would also make them into laborers in the harvest field who are sharing the gospel and make disciples. Consider making a commitment to pray this prayer for our church, ministries, and missionaries, every morning at 10:02.
7. For God to give you a heart for His Word. Ask Him to help you approach His Word devotionally and obediently. Ask God to increase your faith in Him. Ask Him to make you more consistently aware of His plan of redemption and the role He wants you to play in that. (From the book, Multiply: Disciples Making Disciples, by Francis Chan, with Mark Beuving)
8. That God's people would not be wooed into silence when the truth is being trampled on.
9. That Christians realize it's the Lord's honor at stake in our lives, not our own honor.
10. For Muslims: Ramadan, the month of fasting just started March 22. This is a great time to pray for them to be drawn to the gospel and that they trust in Jesus as their Savior.
AWANA calendar dates: April 5, 12, 2023. End of Year Program April 19, 2023.
The MEFC Missions Committee is pleased to sponsor an Easter Sunday Sunrise Service on April 9th at 7am this year in addition to our regular 9:30am service! We will meet at the big white cross on the hill to the SW of the Fort Kearney Feedlot. Follow Highway 10 north of Minden to S Road. Turn west onto S Road and proceed a quarter mile. Park on the edge of the road and walk up the hill to the south about a quarter mile to the cross. A trailer will also be available to transport folks up the hill. Please bring lawn chairs, and plan to share cinnamon rolls and juice with us following the message delivered by Pastor Tom! In case of inclement weather on the day of the service, please watch our Facebook page and your email for alternate plans.
Thursday, May 4 th is the 70th US National Day of Prayer. We look forward to you joining sometime during the Open House from 11 am to 7 pm at the Exchange Bank. You may pray with others in small group prayer, or individually take time to seek God, His wisdom, guidance and healing for the United States of America. Written prayer guides will be provided. Plan now to set aside some intentional time for prayer on May 4 th to Pray Fervently In Righteousness and Avail Much!”( James 5:16b).
Building Use Reminder
Please remember to check in with the office when planning for groups to meet in the church building so we can put you on the calendar. We have had several instances recently where more than one group planned to use the same room. We want to accommodate everyone as best we may, but planning ahead is key!
Join us for a new group starting on April 13th! We will be studying Praying through the Names of God by Tony Evans, followed by a time of crafting items to donate. The group will meet on Thursday mornings at 10am in the Fellowship Room. Please register by March 26th and pay $10 to secure your book. Contact Sandy Alvarez at 618-444-9524 to register, or reach out to Megan in the office.
MEFC is once again looking for a part time administrative assistant. Please contact the office if you can help!
Minden Little Free Pantry
The Minden Little Free Pantry is located on the east side of the old IGA parking lot on N. Nebraska Avenue. Nonperishable food items, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, and pet food are available to those in need 24 hours a day. If you have a need, please stop by and help yourself. Likewise, if you are able to help keep the pantry stocked by donating items, please also do so!
We thank you for your faithful support of the ministry of the Minden Evangelical Free Church. While we no longer support online giving, you may leave your offering in the box in the foyer, or mail it directly to:
Minden E-Free Church
1310 W. 1st Street
Minden, NE 68959
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-832-1574.