Welcome to our Weekly Newsletter!
In this newsletter you will find an outline for our upcoming sermon, sermon follow up questions, news, and more! Is there something that you'd like to share in an upcoming newsletter? Contact Megan at 308-832-1574 or email@example.com with requests.
Title: "Childlike Faith"
Passage: Luke 9:46-50
1. An Understanding Of Luke 9:46-48.
2. The Practical Applications Of Luke 9:46-48.
3. How This Teaching Paves The Way For Unity. 9:49-50
1. What is childlike faith and why is it so important?
2. How we treat fellow Christians is important. According to this passage, why is this so?
3. How does childlike faith impact our unity with one another?
4. Is there someone with whom you can share your discoveries from this passage? If so, with whom?
If you are not currently a member of a group and would like help finding one, please contact the office or a Bible Fellowship leader listed below:
Leader: Tim Birnie Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 12
Leader: Rod Shepherd Study: Gentle & Lowly
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC Library
Leader: Paul Mosley Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: Sanctuary
Leader: Scott Pinkham Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 10
Leader: Mark Lundeen Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 11
Leader: Pastor Tom Study: Gentle and Lowly
Day/Time: Sundays, 6:30pm Place: 441 W. Lexington, Minden
Church Unseen Backup Team, please pray for:
1. Sunday morning service, Sunday school, children's church, and Bible Fellowships, that the Spirit of God would work in hearts that they would hear and respond to the Word of God they are taught.
2. People in our church to be faithful to pray for our church, ministries, and missionaries.
3. People to trust in the powerful Word of Jesus and turn to him in faith and prayer.
4. The welfare of our schools and town, as well as wisdom for our school board and city council.
5. Brayden and Kelli Petersen, that God would produce much lasting fruit through them.
6. That guests to our Easter services this past Sunday will take to heart and respond in faith to Jesus Christ.
7. 2 Chronicles 7:14 for the Church in the U.S.: "if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
8. Any other requests that emerge from your Bible Fellowship or Iron Man/Woman team.
AWANA calendar dates: April 12, 2023. End of Year Program April 19, 2023.
Thursday, May 4 th is the 70th US National Day of Prayer. We look forward to you joining sometime during the Open House from 11 am to 7 pm at the Exchange Bank. You may pray with others in small group prayer, or individually take time to seek God, His wisdom, guidance and healing for the United States of America. Written prayer guides will be provided. Plan now to set aside some intentional time for prayer on May 4 th to Pray Fervently In Righteousness and Avail Much!”( James 5:16b).
Building Use Reminder
Please remember to check in with the office when planning for groups to meet in the church building so we can put you on the calendar. We have had several instances recently where more than one group planned to use the same room. We want to accommodate everyone as best we may, but planning ahead is key!
Join us for a new group starting on April 13th! We will be studying Praying through the Names of God by Tony Evans, followed by a time of crafting items to donate. The group will meet on Thursday mornings at 10am in the Fellowship Room. Please register by March 26th and pay $10 to secure your book. Contact Sandy Alvarez at 618-444-9524 to register, or reach out to Megan in the office.
MEFC is once again looking for a part time administrative assistant. Please contact the office if you can help!
If you are able to help provide cookies, or are interested in helping to serve coffee and cookies on Sunday mornings, please sign up HERE! Thank you!
Minden Little Free Pantry
The Minden Little Free Pantry is located on the east side of the old IGA parking lot on N. Nebraska Avenue. Nonperishable food items, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, and pet food are available to those in need 24 hours a day. If you have a need, please stop by and help yourself. Likewise, if you are able to help keep the pantry stocked by donating items, please also do so!
We thank you for your faithful support of the ministry of the Minden Evangelical Free Church. While we no longer support online giving, you may leave your offering in the box in the foyer, or mail it directly to:
Minden E-Free Church
1310 W. 1st Street
Minden, NE 68959
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-832-1574.