Welcome to our Weekly Newsletter!
In this newsletter you will find an outline for our upcoming sermon, sermon follow up questions, news, and more! Is there something that you'd like to share in an upcoming newsletter? Contact Megan at 308-832-1574 or firstname.lastname@example.org with requests.
Title: "New Birth."
Passage: Luke 9:57-62.
1. A MONERGISTIC BIRTH.
2. A PROMISED BIRTH.
3. A SAVING BIRTH.
4. A TRANSFORMING BIRTH.
5. A PERMANENT BIRTH.
CONCLUSION: WHY THIS MATTERS.
If you are not currently a member of a group and would like help finding one, please contact the office or a Bible Fellowship leader listed below:
Leader: Tim Birnie Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 12
Leader: Rod Shepherd Study: Gentle & Lowly
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC Library
Leader: Paul Mosley Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: Sanctuary
Leader: Scott Pinkham Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 10
Leader: Mark Lundeen Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 11
Leader: Pastor Tom Study: Gentle and Lowly
Day/Time: Sundays, 6:30pm Place: 441 W. Lexington, Minden
1. That God would give open doors to tell people the gospel, what we would walk in wisdom toward those who are outside the church, and that our speech would always be gracious, seasoned with salt that we might know how to answer each person (Col. 4:3-6).
2. That our church members can continue steadfastly in prayer and be watchful in it with thanksgiving (Col. 4:2).
3. That God would produce much lasting fruit in the ministry of Gordon and Terri Thiessen.
4. For God to move through his Church to see the gospel go to the unreached peoples, that is, the one out of every people in the world who have never heard the gospel, who have no Christian near them to share the gospel, and who have no church near them.
5. Ask God to work in your heart and prepare you for what is ahead. You don’t need to have all the answers or know specifically how God will use you. He simply calls you to follow wherever He might lead. As you pray, be honest about your doubts, hesitations, and fears. Ask Him to give you the strength to proceed and follow Him no matter what the cost. In other words, place your faith in Him. (From the book, Multiply: Disciples Making Disciples, by Francis Chan, with Mark Beuving)
6. That many people from our church and community will be part of prayer for our nation on the May 4 National Day of Prayer.
7. That God would supply an Administrative Assistant for our church.
8. Any other requests that emerge from your Bible Fellowship or Iron Man/Woman team.
Our next Faith Family Celebration Night will take place on April 30 at 6:30pm. Please join us as we share family style communion, baptisms, and baby dedications!
Thursday, May 4 th is the 70th US National Day of Prayer. We look forward to you joining sometime during the Open House from 11 am to 7 pm at the Exchange Bank. You may pray with others in small group prayer, or individually take time to seek God, His wisdom, guidance and healing for the United States of America. Written prayer guides will be provided. Plan now to set aside some intentional time for prayer on May 4 th to Pray Fervently In Righteousness and Avail Much!”( James 5:16b).
Amana Reed will be sharing about her summer opportunity to serve with APEX missions on May 7. She will share about the roles in which she will participate during the 6-week mission. If you are interested in hearing Amana share about her missions plans, her financial needs, and how to help her, please join the Missions Committee at a potluck lunch at noon after the Bible Fellowship hour. Please bring food to share.
Building Use Reminder
Please remember to check in with the office when planning for groups to meet in the church building so we can put you on the calendar. We have had several instances recently where more than one group planned to use the same room. We want to accommodate everyone as best we may, but planning ahead is key!
MEFC is once again looking for a part time administrative assistant. Please contact the office if you can help!
If you are able to help provide cookies, or are interested in helping to serve coffee and cookies on Sunday mornings, please sign up HERE! Thank you!
Minden Little Free Pantry
The Minden Little Free Pantry is located on the east side of the old IGA parking lot on N. Nebraska Avenue. Nonperishable food items, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, and pet food are available to those in need 24 hours a day. If you have a need, please stop by and help yourself. Likewise, if you are able to help keep the pantry stocked by donating items, please also do so!
We thank you for your faithful support of the ministry of the Minden Evangelical Free Church. While we no longer support online giving, you may leave your offering in the box in the foyer, or mail it directly to:
Minden E-Free Church
1310 W. 1st Street
Minden, NE 68959
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com or 308-832-1574.