Welcome to our Weekly Newsletter!
In this newsletter you will find an outline for our upcoming sermon, sermon follow up questions, news, and more! Is there something that you'd like to share in an upcoming newsletter? Contact Megan at 308-832-1574 or firstname.lastname@example.org with requests.
Passage: Galatians 2:16
2. BY GRACE ALONE.
3. THROUGH FAITH ALONE
4. IN CHRIST ALONE.
1. What is justification? Why is it so important to understand this doctrine?
2. Explain why it is so important that justification is by grace alone.
3. How does faith function in justification? Explain what is meant when we say that justification is through faith alone, but not a faith that remains alone."
4. Why is it important to note that justification is through faith alone in Christ alone? What are some things that people try to add to Christ for justification?
5. What difference does this sermon make to your daily life?
If you are not currently a member of a group and would like help finding one, please contact the office or a Bible Fellowship leader listed below:
Leader: Tim Birnie Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 12
Leader: Rod Shepherd Study: Gentle & Lowly
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC Library
Leader: Paul Mosley Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: Sanctuary
Leader: Scott Pinkham Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 10
Leader: Mark Lundeen Study: Sermon Review
Day/Time: Sundays, 11am Place: MEFC East Room 11
Leader: Pastor Tom Study: Gentle and Lowly
Day/Time: Sundays, 6:30pm Place: 441 W. Lexington, Minden
Church Unseen Backup Prayer Team, please pray:
1. God, use us and work through us so that Psalm 57:5 would be true: “Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your glory be over all the earth!”
2. For God to work through Bible Fellowship leaders to equip believers and future believers in their groups with God’s Word, through accountability, empowered by God’s Spirit, to replicate faithful, joyful followers of Jesus Christ.
3. That God would help us to welcome warmly guests we have on Sunday morning and give them the desire to return and to hear God’s Word.
4. For God’s wisdom on behalf of Alan and Delores Farlin, to know how to continue to serve Christ here in Minden after retirement.
5. For God to help you submit to Him entirely. Ask Him to guide you and empower you in anything He calls you to do. Pray that God would use you in your neighborhood and around the world in any capacity that He sees fit. (From the book, Multiply: Disciples Making Disciples, by Francis Chan, with Mark Beuving)
6. For God’s comfort and presence in the lives of sex trafficking victims. Pray that His Spirit will stir in them a burning desire to break loose from their bonds and seek help. Pray that they will come to faith in Christ and enter a relationship with their heavenly Father where they can experience true love.
7. For God to direct town council and school board members in our area to lead and make decisions according to his wisdom and truth.
8. That God would supply an Administrative Assistant for our church.
9. Any other requests that emerge from your Bible Fellowship, Iron Man/Woman team, or family.
Building Use Reminder
Please remember to check in with the office when planning for groups to meet in the church building so we can put you on the calendar. We have had several instances recently where more than one group planned to use the same room. We want to accommodate everyone as best we may, but planning ahead is key!
MEFC is once again looking for a part time administrative assistant. Please contact the office if you can help!
Women’s Summer Bible Study
Kim Olson will be leading Living Free - Learning to Pray God's Word by Beth Moore this summer! Ladies will meet at the Minden Evangelical Free church over the noon hour on Wednesdays starting the first Wednesday of June. If you are interested in joining, or have any questions, please reach out to Kim Olson at 308-830-1457. Child care will be available for those who need it, so please make sure to make the clear to Kim when you sign up. There are no videos with this study, so if you cannot make it on Wednesdays, but would like to still go through the study on your own, speak to Kim to stay connected
If you are able to help provide cookies, or are interested in helping to serve coffee and cookies on Sunday mornings, please sign up HERE! Thank you!
1 Lucy Mosley
5 Randy Myers
6 Amana Reed
7 Lane Beebe-Cheney
11 Harrison Reed
14 Viola Hartmann
15 Brixten Stadler
17 Dan Bridges
23 Ashley Olson
25 Lige Reed
26 Owen Bridges
27 Sally Phillips
30 Ava Warner
6 Philip and Ericka Heun
21 Mark and Monica Johnson
Steve and Annie Shearer
22 Lucas and Sharesse Houchin
23 Justin and Kelli Pachner
26 Dan and Rachel Bridges
Ryan and Chelsey Kulhanek
Minden Little Free Pantry
The Minden Little Free Pantry is located on the east side of the old IGA parking lot on N. Nebraska Avenue. Nonperishable food items, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, and pet food are available to those in need 24 hours a day. If you have a need, please stop by and help yourself. Likewise, if you are able to help keep the pantry stocked by donating items, please also do so!
We thank you for your faithful support of the ministry of the Minden Evangelical Free Church. While we no longer support online giving, you may leave your offering in the box in the foyer, or mail it directly to:
Minden E-Free Church
1310 W. 1st Street
Minden, NE 68959
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com or 308-832-1574.