Prelude "" by G Young
L: (1) If it had not been the Lord who was on our side
L: Let Israel now say -
ALL: (2) If it had not been the Lord who was on our side,
ALL: When foes rose up against us,
ALL: (3) Then they would have swallowed us up alive,
ALL: When their anger was kindled against us;
L: (4) Then the flood would have swept us away,
L: The torrent would have gone over us;
ALL: (5) Then the raging waters
ALL: Would have gone over us.
Raise us up, O Lord,
for it is you alone who restores life and health
to the suffering
and to those who wander from the truth.
By your grace,
may we offer powerful and effective prayers
for one another and the world,
in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
#117 "O God, Our Help In Ages Past"
1. O God, our help in ages past, our hope for years to come, our shelter from the stormy blast, and our eternal home!
2. Under the shadow of thy throne, still may we dwell secure; sufficient is thine arm alone, and our defense is sure.
3. Before the hills in order stood, or earth received her frame, from everlasting, thou art God, to endless years the same.
4. A thousand ages, in thy sight, are like an evening gone; short as the watch that ends the night, before the rising sun.
5. Time, like an ever rolling stream, bears all who breathe away; they fly forgotten, as a dream dies at the opening day.
6. O God, our help in ages past, our hope for years to come; be thou our guide while life shall last, and our eternal home.
Church in Prayer
Shared of Joys & Concerns
Rev Ron Little
Mattie Clarke - Spina Bifida
Roberta Stanton - accident
Living with Cancer
Rev Ron Davis - Gospel Hill
Roberta Stanton - Barbs sister
TJ Foster - Athens, Ohio
Ryan Thomas - Okinawa
Mike & Nancy Mahon
Recovering from Surgery
Your River View prayer partners
38 John said to him, “Teacher, we saw someone[a] casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.” 39 But Jesus said, “Do not stop him; for no one who does a deed of power in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me. 40 Whoever is not against us is for us. 41 For truly I tell you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you bear the name of Christ will by no means lose the reward.
Temptations to Sin
42 “If any of you put a stumbling block before one of these little ones who believe in me,[b] it would be better for you if a great millstone were hung around your neck and you were thrown into the sea. 43 If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life maimed than to have two hands and to go to hell,[c] to the unquenchable fire.[d] 45 And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame than to have two feet and to be thrown into hell.[e][f] 47 And if your eye causes you to stumble, tear it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and to be thrown into hell,[g] 48 where their worm never dies, and the fire is never quenched.
#364 "Because He Lives"
1. God sent his Son, they called him Jesus; he came to love, heal, and forgive; he lived and died to buy my pardon, an empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives. Because he lives, I can face tomorrow; because he lives, all fear is gone; because I know he holds the future, and life is worth the living just because he lives.
2. How sweet to hold a newborn baby, and feel the pride and joy he [Jesus] gives; but greater still the calm assurance, this child can face uncertain days because he lives. Because he lives, I can face tomorrow; because he lives, all fear is gone; because I know he holds the future, and life is worth the living just because he lives.
3. And then one day I'll cross the river; I'll fight life's final war with pain; and then as death gives way to victory, I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know he reigns. Because he lives, I can face tomorrow; because he lives, all fear is gone; because I know he holds the future, and life is worth the living just because he lives.
6Now the people of Judah approached Joshua at Gilgal, and Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite said to him, "You know what the LORD said to Moses the man of God at Kadesh Barnea about you and me. 7I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadesh Barnea to explore the land. And I brought him back a report according to my convictions, 8but my fellow Israelites who went up with me made the hearts of the people melt in fear. I, however, followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly. 9So on that day Moses swore to me, 'The land on which your feet have walked will be your inheritance and that of your children forever, because you have followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly.' 10"Now then, just as the LORD promised, he has kept me alive for forty-five years since the time he said this to Moses, while Israel moved about in the wilderness. So here I am today, eighty-five years old! 11I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then. 12Now give me this hill country that the LORD promised me that day. You yourself heard then that the Anakites were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, the LORD helping me, I will drive them out just as he said." 13Then Joshua blessed Caleb son of Jephunneh and gave him Hebron as his inheritance. 14So Hebron has belonged to Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite ever since, because he followed the LORD, the God of Israel, wholeheartedly. 15(Hebron used to be called Kiriath Arba after Arba, who was the greatest man among the Anakites.) Then the land had rest from war.
The Land Had Rest
#405 "Seek Ye First"
1. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Alleluia, alleluia!
2. Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek and ye shall find; knock, and the door shall be opened unto you. Alleluia, alleluia!
Send forth & Benediction
Choral Response "Great Amen"
Postlude "The Power of Your Love" by Bullock