Let us read through this psalm diligently, and let us lament with a repentant heart. For what should be meditated on with greater eagerness than that in which our sins are forgiven by the voice of such a great Judge? This psalm is something special and contains something unique. There are other psalms of the repentant that rejoice at their conclusion in remorse prompted by God. But in this psalm, the Lord himself, to whom the psalmist makes his appeal with great longing, promises mercy and joy.
Cassiodorus EXPLANATION OF THE PSALMS 32.11.
Through the Bible in a Year Schedule
We are in need of someone to volunteer to be the lay delegate for Annual Conference. This person will be responsible for voting on behalf of the church during the meetings held in Akron next June. If you are interested please talk to Pastor Wesley so he can bring your name to the committee for decision.
The Story of the Church: Part 1 the Early Church
Have you ever wondered what events shaped the early Church? Find out how Christianity took its shape. Pastor Wesley will be presenting a two hour guided tour of the events and beliefs which gave rise to and shaped Christianity. The event will be Saturday September 25 from 9:00am-11:00am @ Canal Lewisville UMC For more information check our website https://saintsandidiots.com/events
I hope you have selected a card with a high school staff member’s name to pray for this year. If you have not you can pick one up at the church or call the office and we will get you one. Here are some ideas for how to impact that person this year.
· First pray for this person by name regularly (even daily) recognizing that each person at the school contributes to the atmosphere of the building and how it thrives.
· Consider sending a card to the person you pray for care of the High School to tell this person you are praying, but do this somewhat sparingly we do not want to overwhelm the office staff
· Consider giving the person your contact information (or your name and the church address) with the note that this person can send you specific prayer requests.
Sunday Morning Schedule
The Battle Belongs to the Lord
Joshua and Israel are finally confronted with the Canaanites in Jericho. The defeat of this great city gives Israel a true presence in the land, but the battle was not about swords and shields it was about listening to God. Come find out what makes this victory so unique.
A Brief Pause
The pastor's blog this week is on how reality points us to God. You can read it here
We know there are people who are missing out. If you know someone who is not connecting to the church, please take two steps.
- Contact that person- either a card, phone call, or visit
- contact the church office to make sure we have that person on our list to contact.