The psalmist connects his request for Yahweh’s help to Yahweh’s love and His good reputation. The psalmist wants Yahweh’s help not only for his personal vindication, but also because he wants Yahweh’s character to be displayed.
Barry, J. D., Mangum, D., Brown, D. R., Heiser, M. S., Custis, M., Ritzema, E., … Bomar, D. (2012, 2016). Faithlife Study Bible (Ps 109:26–29). Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press.
Through the Bible in a Year Schedule
We are in need of someone to volunteer to be the lay delegate for Annual Conference. This person will be responsible for voting on behalf of the church during the meetings held in Akron next June. If you are interested, please talk to Pastor Wesley so he can bring your name to the committee for decision.
The Story of the Church: Part 1 the Early Church
Have you ever wondered what events shaped the early Church? Find out how Christianity took its shape. Pastor Wesley will be presenting a two hour guided tour of the events and beliefs which gave rise to and shaped Christianity. The event will be Saturday September 25 from 9:00am-11:00am @ Canal Lewisville UMC For more information check our website https://saintsandidiots.com/events
I hope you have selected a card with a high school staff member’s name to pray for this year. If you have not you can pick one up at the church or call the office and we will get you one. Here are some ideas for how to impact that person this year.
· First pray for this person by name regularly (even daily) recognizing that each person at the school contributes to the atmosphere of the building and how it thrives.
· Consider sending a card to the person you pray for care of the High School to tell this person you are praying, but do this somewhat sparingly we do not want to overwhelm the office staff
· Consider giving the person your contact information (or your name and the church address) with the note that this person can send you specific prayer requests.
Sunday Morning Schedule
Are We Faithful?
It is easy to overlook sin in our lives, but that sin has consequences. To be God’s people we must be completely dedicated to God and eliminate the sin from our lives, this is what Israel learned when confronting Ai. How are we at removing the sin that is in our midst?
A Brief Pause
Pastor Wesley's blog this week is on remembering 9/11/01 you can read it here
We know there are people who are missing out. If you know someone who is not connecting to the church, please take two steps.
- Contact that person- either a card, phone call, or visit
- contact the church office to make sure we have that person on our list to contact.