Traces of Grace
"WELCOME RAMBO FAMILY"
We invite you to join us in welcoming our new Pastor, Scott Rambo, his wife Meg and their four sons, Tim, Ben, Josiah & Eli, as they begin their ministry here at FUMC! On this Sunday morning Communion service, Pastor Scott will be delivering the message titled, "Let's Party", from Luke 5:27-32, the first in his series, "Let's Eat! You won't want to miss this Sunday and please be sure to introduce yourselves to the Rambo Family!
The link to access the livestream will be available on our website at fumccollingswood.org, where you’ll also be able to view a recording of the service throughout the week.
Worship Service Update:
We have relaxed our COVID protocols based on new guidelines released by the CDC and the State of NJ:
- Pre-registration is no longer required to attend our services in-person, but Sign-In for attendance purposes is needed.
- Temperatures will not be taken.
- Seating in the sanctuary will be relaxed to every other pew. (instead of every 3rd pew)
- All pews will once again have a pew pad.
- Hymnals & Bibles will be available in all pews.
- Masks will no longer be required.
NOTE: The decision whether to wear a mask or not is an intensely personal one. We request that everyone participating in our services respect one another's personal decision regarding masks. If you see someone wearing a mask, please be sure to keep your distance as you approach that individual. If you choose to wear a mask and remain distanced from others, our Welcome Team will do their best to accommodate that request.
We will continue to live-stream the service as well, so if you are not yet comfortable in a public setting, we understand and invite you to join us virtually through our website. The building will also be available - on a scheduled basis - for use by various small groups.
Please contact Pat Gunning for building availability.
"Baby Bottle" Collection Ends
Just a reminder that our "Baby Bottle" collection to support Options for Women, a pregnancy care center, in Cherry Hill, NJ, has ended. If you still have your Baby Bottle(s) to turn in, there is a designated spot, near the Sign-in tables for you to drop it off before or after our Sunday Service. If you have any bottles that are empty, please return those also. Envelopes for check donations can be found at our Check-in tables if you would still like to donate. Many thanks to all of you who were able to give to this very worthy cause. If you have any questions, please contact Judy Boswell. To find out more about Options for Women, be sure to check out their website at optionscherryhill.org. There are many ways you can help this ministry throughout the year!
Summer Camp Days - "Lots of Fun"
For all children, Pre-K to Grade 6, Summer Camp Days are coming soon! Beginning 10:00-11:30am, outside behind the church, we will have a Bible story, games, prizes, a craft or two and a snack! There may even be a Carnival Day and a Water Balloon fight- you won't want to miss it!!
Miss Pat is happy to report that yesterdays first Camp Day (June 30th) went well with approximately 18 young people in attendance! To God be the Glory!!
Upcoming Camp dates :
- Wednesday, July 14th
- Thursday, August 5th
- Thursday, August 19th
*Any questions please call Miss Pat -(856)962-8010
A Message from Pastor Scott
Dear Brothers and Sisters in the family of God,
It is a joy to be able to write and greet you on my first "official" day under appointment as your pastor. My family and I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all this summer as we worship together and through the, "get to know you" gatherings that will be taking place in backyards around our community. I'm grateful
that the COVID restrictions have lessened enough to where we can gather a bit more freely this summer.
This Sunday will be my first opportunity to be with you in worship and we will be launching into our summer sermon series, "Let's Eat". In this series we are going to pull up a chair to the table alongside Jesus and get to know him through the meals he shared with different people in the Gospel of Luke. But I'm also aware that this Sunday is Independence Day here in America and some of you may have plans to be down the shore or away with family. If that's you this Sunday, don't feel guilty, we have many more Sundays to worship together in the days to come. I will, however, encourage you to join us in worship online either live or through replay, as I believe God has something to say to us each week as we gather to worship and hear His Word.
God bless you this Fourth of July weekend and remember, even with all of the freedoms we enjoy in this country, it is the one that Jesus sets free that is free indeed! (John 8:36)
New Sermon Series
Please join us for our upcoming sermon series called, Let's Eat.
July 4 - Let's Party - Luke 5:27-32
July 11 - Let's Repent - Luke 19:1-10
July 18 - Let's Give It Away - Luke 9:10-17
July 25 - Let's Wash - Luke 11:37-52
August 1 - Let's Remember - Luke 22:14-38
August 8 - Let's Be Humble - Luke 14:1-24
August 15 - Let's Believe - Luke 24:36-43
August 22 - Let's Listen - Luke 10:38-42
August 29 - Let's Love - Luke 7:36-50
September 5 - Let's Recognize - Luke 24:28-32
We're still actively seeking an Office Manager (aka Church Secretary). If you know of anyone who has moderate computer skills, good organizational skills, and a heart for Jesus, who might be interested in this paid position, please ask them to contact Carol Doron at the email listed below...
Office Manager for FUMC Collingswood
Tuesday - Friday
9am - 2pm
If interested, please contact Carol Doron at email@example.com
We thank God for His provision and we welcome the Rambo Family,
as they begin their ministry here at First UMC on July 1st.
We praise God and thank Him for all the prayers that have been answered throughout this challenging time and also:
- For His guidance and direction during our Pastoral transitions.
- For all God is doing, even in the smallest of details!
July's - Verse of the Month
When Jesus was at the table with them, He took the bread and blessed and broke it and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened, and they recognized Him. - Luke 24:30
Philippians 4:6 tells us:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Our "Prayers on the Porch" are still happening every Monday through Thursday at noon at 638 Park Ave. Feel free to come out and join us if you can!
Please continue to pray for...our homebound members; our church members who are in need of spiritual, emotional and financial care; any families and relationships that have been strained during this time, our Troops, and our Missionaries - the list is long, but God is BIG!
Please pray for the following:
- Pastor Scott, Meg and boys -as they begin their ministry here at First Church and in the community.
- Carmen O'Brien - under medical care in Our Lady of Lourdes hospital for blood clots.
- Carl Schopfer(Brother of RuthMarie Weinberg)-doing better with his medical challenges
- Nicholas Ferrara(Grandson of Charles & Joan)-recently deployed to Saudi Arabia.
- Frank Persicano - will be leaving for Naval Basic Training on July 26th for 8 weeks.
- Joy, Craig, Claire and Neil Evans - continued prayers for Joy and family for strength during this journey.
- Arnie Arnold - challenges with breathing
- Dottie Escuti -recovering from wrist surgery. Please pray for her twin sister, Diane, who has been fighting leukemia and now must move to a nursing facility.
- Sharon Bailey -recuperating from surgeries at Collingswood Manor.
- Hazel Fraley - continues to recover from ankle surgeries. She is the 16 year old granddaughter of Pastor Leon and Rhonda.
- Marilyn Ellis
- Mary Mondatsos - heart and cancer concerns
- Gus Mondatsos - seeking help for back issues
- Joel & Kay Shannon
- Ahiz & Joyce Toure - their baby girl, Nyameye, is getting stronger each day.
- Recent Graduates
- God's provision for a new Office Manager
- SPR - as we continue to transition to a new Pastor & staffing
- Missions & Evangelism - Leadership and new Treasurer needed.
- God’s hand upon our towns, state and country and our elected leaders.
- For all those who have given their service and their lives to keep our country free and for our Independence Day! God Bless America!
If you have any other prayer concerns or ways we can serve you please let us know. We desire to journey with you.
Remember, you are loved!
In His Grace,
The FUMC Staff