Traces of Grace
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE
We invite you to join us this Sunday, as Shawn continues in our series, Let's Eat! Shawn will be delivering the message titled, "Let's Give It Away", from Luke 9:10-17. We encourage you to read this passage of scripture and to pray for Shawn as he prepares for this service.
The link to access the livestream will be available on our website at fumccollingswood.org, where you’ll also be able to view a recording of the service throughout the week.
Worship Service Update:
We have relaxed our COVID protocols based on new guidelines released by the CDC and the State of NJ:
- Pre-registration is no longer required to attend our services in-person, but Sign-In for attendance purposes is needed.
- Temperatures will not be taken.
- Seating in the sanctuary will be relaxed to every other pew. (instead of every 3rd pew)
- All pews will once again have a pew pad.
- Hymnals & Bibles will be available in all pews.
- Masks will no longer be required.
NOTE: The decision whether to wear a mask or not is an intensely personal one. We request that everyone participating in our services respect one another's personal decision regarding masks. If you see someone wearing a mask, please be sure to keep your distance as you approach that individual. If you choose to wear a mask and remain distanced from others, our Welcome Team will do their best to accommodate that request.
We will continue to live-stream the service as well, so if you are not yet comfortable in a public setting, we understand and invite you to join us virtually through our website. The building will also be available - on a scheduled basis - for use by various small groups.
Please contact Pat Gunning for building availability.
Soul Cafe's Summer Events:
Some upcoming events to help support Soul Cafe, a United Methodist Faith Community doing church differently, located in Magnolia, NJ. :
Sat., 7/31 , 11:00am-sell out, FISH FRY!
Sat., 8/14, 8:30am-12:30pm, SERVICE PROJECTS!
**Flyers with more detailed information will be available at the Sign-in tables on Sunday or you can call: 856-739-1052 for more info.
" Missing Reference Books" Mystery!
We have discovered recently that we have many sets of Reference Books in our church library. Unfortunately, many of those sets are missing a volume or two! Please check to see if perhaps you borrowed one and shelved it in your own book shelf. If you have a book(s) to return, please leave them on the first desk of the office or on the Sign-in table before Sunday Service. Thank you!
Summer Camp Days - "Lots of Fun"
For all children, Pre-K to Grade 6, Summer Camp Days are coming soon! Beginning 10:00-11:30am, outside behind the church, we will have a Bible story, games, prizes, a craft or two and a snack! There may even be a Carnival Day and a Water Balloon fight- you won't want to miss it!!
Upcoming Camp dates :
- Thursday, August 5th
- Thursday, August 19th
*Any questions please call Miss Pat -(856)962-8010
A Message from Pastor Scott
First UMC Family,
I wanted to take just a moment to let you know of some news affecting our church family. Many of you know that Joy Evans has been battling an aggressive brain tumor for the last year. On Thursday night, of last week, Joy passed into eternity and into the presence of her Lord and Savior, Jesus.
Please continue to pray for Craig, Neil, Claire, and their entire family. The family is holding a private graveside service today and a Memorial service will be held at First United Methodist Church on Sat., July 24th. Visitation will be at 1:00pm with the service beginning at 2:00pm.
Thank you for the way you have been the hands and feet of Jesus to the Evans family through this journey. I know you will continue to carry them in prayer through this next season.
Grace and peace,
New Sermon Series
Please join us for our upcoming sermon series called, Let's Eat.
July 4 - Let's Party - Luke 5:27-32
July 11 - Let's Repent - Luke 19:1-10
July 18 - Let's Give It Away - Luke 9:10-17
July 25 - Let's Wash - Luke 11:37-52
August 1 - Let's Remember - Luke 22:14-38
August 8 - Let's Be Humble - Luke 14:1-24
August 15 - Let's Believe - Luke 24:36-43
August 22 - Let's Listen - Luke 10:38-42
August 29 - Let's Love - Luke 7:36-50
September 5 - Let's Recognize - Luke 24:28-32
We're still actively seeking an Office Manager (aka Church Secretary). If you know of anyone who has moderate computer skills, good organizational skills, and a heart for Jesus, who might be interested in this paid position, please ask them to contact Carol Doron at the email listed below...
Office Manager for FUMC Collingswood
Tuesday - Friday
9am - 2pm
If interested, please contact Carol Doron at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated Church Directory
At this time, many of you have picked up your copy of the updated Church Directory and for that we "thank you". It has saved us a lot in mailing costs doing it this way, but if you are unable to come to church to get your copy, please contact us here at First Church. In your message, please leave your name, phone number and your full mailing address so we can connect with you. Thank You from the Office Staff!
We praise God and thank Him for all the prayers that have been answered throughout this challenging time and also:
- For His guidance and direction during our Pastoral transitions.
- For all God is doing, even in the smallest of details!
- For the children that have been attending the Summer Day Camps!
July's - Verse of the Month
When Jesus was at the table with them, He took the bread and blessed and broke it and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened, and they recognized Him. - Luke 24:30
Jeremiah 33:3 tells us:
"Call onto Me, and I answer thee and show thee great and mighty things thou knowest not".
Our "Prayers on the Porch" are still happening every Monday through Thursday at noon at 638 Park Ave. Feel free to come out and join us if you can!
Please continue to pray for...our homebound members; our church members who are in need of spiritual, emotional and financial care; any families and relationships that have been strained during this time, our Troops, and our Missionaries - the list is long, but God is BIG!
Please pray for the following:
- Pastor Scott & Meg -as they enjoy their vacation together.
- The Evans Family - for strength and comfort during this time.
- Nancy Gross - dealing with a kidney infection.
- Carol & Bud Shropshire - health issues; son David's cancer; grandson Brian's cancer.
- Karen Kline's son
- Amy Chauffe (sister of Jonathan Schewhm)-her husband and son have health concerns.
- Carmen O'Brien - home from hospital and is recovering.
- Bill & Karen Walters & Family - Bill's mother recently passed
- Lorraine Rudderow's - Grandson, Jake, as he helps those in Surfside, FL.
- Nicholas Ferrara(Grandson of Charles & Joan)-recently deployed to Saudi Arabia.
- Frank Persicano - will be leaving for Naval Basic Training on July 26th for 8 weeks.
- Arnie Arnold - challenges with breathing
- Dottie Escuti -recovering from wrist surgery. Please pray for her twin sister, Diane, who has been fighting leukemia and now must move to a nursing facility.
- Sharon Bailey -recuperating from surgeries at Collingswood Manor.
- Hazel Fraley - continues to recover from ankle surgeries. She is the 16 year old granddaughter of Pastor Leon and Rhonda.
- Mary Mondatsos - heart and cancer concerns
- Gus Mondatsos - seeking help for back issues
- Joel & Kay Shannon
- Our Missionaries: Tom Lowell-stomach surgery; Dick McCloy -Hodgkins Lymphoma; Lorraine Stirneman-a younger person to help with her missionary work.
- Recent Graduates
- God's provision for a new Office Manager
- SPR - as we continue to transition with Pastor Scott & staffing
- Missions & Evangelism - Leadership and new Treasurer needed.
- God’s hand upon our towns, state and country and our elected leaders.
If you have any other prayer concerns or ways we can serve you please let us know. We desire to journey with you.
Remember, you are loved!
In His Grace,
The FUMC Staff