RCC Weekly Update 09/15/22
Years ago, someone published the "Ten Commandments of Relationships":
1. Speak to people. There is nothing as nice as a cheerful word of greeting.
2. Smile at people. It takes seventy-two muscles to frown, only fourteen to smile.
3. Call people by name. Music to anyone's ears is the sound of his/her own name.
4. Be friendly and helpful.
5. Be cordial. Speak and act as if everything you do is genuinely a pleasure, and if it isn't, learn to make it so.
6. Be genuinely interested in people. You can like almost everybody if you try.
7. Be generous with praise, cautious with criticism.
8. Be considerate with the feelings of others. There are usually three sides to a controversy: yours, the other fellow's, and the right one.
9. Be alert to serve. What counts most in life is what we do for others.
10. Add to this a good sense of humor, a big dose of patience, and a dash of humility, and you will be rewarded manifold through life!
This Sunday, we'll go deeper into the beauty of "relationship."
Have a great week!
Pastor search update
The Elder Board is finalizing the search commitee process and beginning the Converge pastoral search. Please continue to be in prayer for clarity in God's leading during this season!