and let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:4
Endurance is a word we need to hear today; however, endurance is never an easy word to appreciate. Endurance means taking yourself to limits, whether physical or in this case spiritual. One would never expect a person to be a champion marathon runner who never logged more than 1 mile a day. A person running only 1 mile a day would lack the physical stamina to keep up for 26 miles. The same is true in our spiritual walk; we must build our endurance. What does this mean? Well, I think of daily habits like prayer and Bible reading. Next Tuesday, January 19th, marks the average day for most people to give up New Year’s resolutions. Today I am your coach; you want to have a great relationship with God, you want to be, in James’ words. “complete” well take the time. Get up tomorrow and look forward to a time of reading and prayer. Do not get dismayed that you do not understand what the passage is about— send me a message, let’s talk. Having difficulty connecting to God when you pray? Open up to a friend and have that person pray with and for you, pray together. It is difficult to endure the many days, I get it, I feel it. But we need to endure, we need to connect to God, this is what it means to be human. Let’s take time, commit, or recommit, to a schedule that is centered on God so we may become complete.
Sunday morning schedule
- Canal Lewisville 9am e-bulletin click here
- Online services for both churches 9:30am
- Prairie Chapel 10:30am e-bulletin click here
We have not held Bible studies in a month but two things we would like to begin in 2021
- Reading the Bible through in a year If you would like to join in click here for the schedule.’
- Online Bible studies with in-home aspects, please let Pastor Wes know if this sounds interesting
People have asked me about Prairie Chapel’s radio program. For anyone interested I created a YouTube playlist and will update it as new episodes are available to access it you need the link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvUdNpLeYowCjv6E6u19Z0mguxa9Tm3Ul
- Please pass this information along to others in the church, and if you know of someone who might want to be added to this list let me know.
- We are continuing to look for ways of connecting to members without internet access, please contact me with any suggestions.
Next Monday we celebrate Martin Luther King Day. I realize not many in our circles have been directly impacted by him, but I do think you should take the time to read this book.
Strength to Love by Martin Luther King Jr.
Don’t forget to check out The Bible Project this website is a gold mine of great material blogs, podcasts, & best of all great animated videos for teens & adults.
A Brief Pause
The pastor's blog for the week is about connecting with people with different political beliefs