Let us know if you have joined us online or attended a service, have a prayer request, would like to be added to the pastor’s email list, or want to get involved. Find a connection card in the bulletin, online connection cards at www.vcflongview.org/connect, or call 360-425-1061.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
The Gift of Love: Love is Spirit-Led
January 21-22, 2023
~~ Love is Led by God’s ________ ~~
● Let God’s ________ fill your mind.
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. Ephesians 5:15-17
○ Be wise in how you _________. (Ephesians 5:15)
For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 1 Corinthians 1:22-25
Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away. But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. 1 Cor 2:6-7
▪ ________applies the reality of the Gospel.
Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. Ephesians 5:17
▪ _____________does not apply the reality of the Gospel.
But God said to him, “Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?” Luke 12:20
“You fools! Did not he who made the outside make the inside also?” Luke 11:40
○ Be wise when given ______________. (Ephesians 5:16)
This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. James 3:15-17
○ Be wise when facing ____________. (Ephesians 5:16)
. . . in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience--. . . Ephesians 2:2
● Let God’s Spirit fill your ______.
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ. Ephesians 5:18-21
○ Be controlled in the _______ way. (Ephesians 5:18)
▪ Drunkenness: to be controlled so that you cannot ____________ the will of the Lord
▪ Spirit-Filled: ____________to the Lord’s will so that you live according to the His will (Colossians 3:16)
○ Spirit-sealing, indwelling, and baptizing are not commanded but ___________.
▪ You are already Spirit-________. (Ephesians 1:13)
▪ You are already Spirit-_________. (1 Corinthians 6:19)
▪ You are already Spirit-__________. (1 Corinthians 12:13)
○ Be controlled in your conduct toward one ________.
▪ A Spirit-filled believer is ___________. (Ephesians 5:19)
▪ A Spirit-filled believer is ________. (Ephesians 5:21)
○ Be controlled in your conduct toward _____.
▪ A Spirit-filled believer gives ________ to God. (Eph 5:19)
▪ A Spirit-filled believer gives ________ to God. (Eph 5:20)
Bible Reading Plan
OPPORTUNITY TO GIVE THROUGH OFFERINGS:
Mail to: Valley Christian Fellowship, 2911 Pacific Way, Longview, WA 98632
Online giving: https://vcflongview.org/give or log in to your Faithlife account. For assistance call 360-425-1061 Monday-Friday.
*Online giving fees are less when choosing the bank account option versus a bank card.
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT VALLEY
Amazon Smile: Register at https://smile.amazon.com. Connect your account to Valley Christian Fellowship. Each time you shop, go to https://smile.amazon.com and a percentage of the purchase will be donated to Valley.
Fred Meyers: Visit www.fredmeyer.com/account/communityrewards/enroll. Sign into your Fred Meyer account, type Valley Christian Fellowship and select the church. Each time you use your rewards card you’ll be helping Valley.
Giving to community charities? Send gifts directly to charity at the following addresses:
*Community House, PO Box 403, Longview, WA 98632.
*Cowlitz County Chaplaincy, PO Box 2578 Longview, WA 98632
*Caring Pregnancy Center, 1010 Fir Street, Longview, WA 98632
* Online Connection Cards: www.vcflongview.org/connect
* Valley Website: www.vcflongview.org for all event information
* Prayer requests: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Podcast & Past Sermons with Mike, Andrew & Stephen www.vcflongview.org and click media è choose Podcast or Sermon
* Faithlife: https://faithlife.com/valleylongview/
* Office: 360-425-1061; located at 3136 Columbia Heights Road, LV
* Campuses: PWC 2911 Pacific Way; HC 3136 Columbia Heights Road
Bless Every Home