ALAC Connect - Outdoor Service!
Video services will still be uploaded to the YouTube channel and website each week.
The zoom call after the service will not continue.
Outdoor Service April 18th @ 1pm
Important Information for the April 18th outdoors service at ALAC - it's long but please read!
Outdoor services are allowed under the VARIANCE OF THE GATHERINGS AND EVENTS ORDER OF
THE PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICER
(Pursuant to Sections 30, 31, 32 and 39 (3) and (6) Public Health Act, S.B.C. 2008)
OUTDOOR WORSHIP SERVICES – March 23, 2021
You must pre-register by calling or messaging pastor Steve. Please bring your own chair.
- Service is at 1pm in the back parking lot, you will park in the front of the church and walk around to the back - as you walk around to the back, you will be signed in where you will sanitize your hands, confirm that you have done a health check, and you understand the public health orders related to the outdoor worship variance. (I will link to the variance below)
We have to tell you this:
"A person organizing a worship service must caution the following people about attending an in-person worship service because of their higher risk of suffering from serious complications of COVID-19:
- a. a person 70 years of age or older, even if they have been immunized against COVID-19;
- b. a person who is living with another person who is infected with COVID-19, or who has upper respiratory or influenza-like symptoms;
- c. a person with an underlying medical condition or a compromised immune system"
Some of the public health restrictions that we need to tell you:
11. A participant must wear a face covering. A person is not required to wear a face covering during a worship service, if
- a. under the age of 12 years;
- b. unable to put on or remove a face covering without the assistance of another person;
- c. unable to wear a face covering because of
- i. a psychological, behavioural or health condition, or
- ii. a physical, cognitive or mental impairment;
- d. the face covering is removed temporarily for the purpose of identifying the person;
- e. the face covering is removed temporarily to communicate with a person who is hearing impaired;
- f. the face covering is removed temporarily to permit the consumption of food or drink provided during and for the purpose of worship.
- 21. A participant, other than a worship leader or a soloist, must not sing or chant.
- 24. Participants must not gather or socially engage with other participants, during, before or after a
- worship service.
- 25. Participants must disperse immediately after a worship service, and must not congregate with other participants who are leaving the service, or arriving to attend a subsequent service.
You can read the entire variance here -https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/covid-19/covid-19-variance-outdoor-worship.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3nV2JqTP_rN1SLI3Fy5q3yTyJFnuiHYozmEWur_w-3ucDzW-xY-MLMPRg
Sometimes, like our friend Charlie Brown, we are unsure of what we can do under the current restrictions - so I thought I'd clear up a couple things regarding what we can do in the church:
- You can still visit your place of worship for individual activities such as guidance from spiritual leaders, contemplation or personal prayer.
- Religious leaders may attend the home of a member of their religious community to provide religious services to the occupant.
So, if you want to visit the church for prayer, to use the library, or have a meeting with Pastor Steve - feel free to do so!
Also, if you want a visit from the pastor or the elders, just ask and we are happy to come and see you and pray with you or minister to you in anyway we can.
Of course, many things have never been restricted - we can and should be praying for one another, for faith and for boldness to live out our faith, we can and should be actively cultivating unity around truth in our congregation, for that is pleasing to the Lord, and we can engage in the things that are available - the video services, the Facebooks groups, etc.