We are officially in the Fall Season and have survived the hurricane/tropical storm Teddy. God is so good to us here in Nova Scotia and Atlantic Canada.
This Sunday we will be re-introducing a fellowship time after church. Tables will be marked to which ones you may sit at and we recommend that those who were sitting together in church, sit together at the same table during the fellowship time. Mask will need to be worn when leaving your church seat but, may be taken off when you are seated at your table in the fellowship room. Snacks, milk and sugar will be available on each table, but tea and coffee will be served to you. If you wish to bring your own coffee/teacup you may, but you must take it back home with you. To keep traffic at a minimum in the fellowship room, leave your cup, napkins, etc. on the table when leaving the fellowship time.
We started Bible Study last Thursday evening. We are studying Revelation and have looked at Christ’s message to the first three churches.
Choir practice has begun again. Congregational singing is not happening as of now. We are looking to see if there is a possibility for singing to resume with physical distancing.
Bulletins for this Sunday’s Worship Service will be available for pick up on the table in front of the Sound Booth where Robert is Situated.
A BIT OF HUMOUR
Rabbi went to the barber shop. After his hair cut, he got ready to pay the barber and the barber said, "No Rabbi, I don't charge the clergy for haircuts." So the next morning the barber found a loaf of Jewish rye bread outside of his door step.
A couple of days past and a Catholic priest came in to get his hair cut. He got ready to pay and the barber said, "No Father, I don't charge the clergy for hair cuts." So the next morning he found a bottle of wine outside his front door step.
A couple of days later the Baptist preacher came in to get his hair cut and when he got ready to pay the barber said, "No Reverend, I don't charge the clergy for their hair cuts." So the next morning, the barber found 15 Baptist preachers on his doorstep, ready to get their hair cut!
BEAR RIVER EAST BAPTIST CHURCH
SEPTEMBER 27TH, 2020 10 AM
There is a prayer time before the Sunday Worship service at approx. 9:45 AM. This takes place near the new office.
CALL TO WORSHIP:
#230 “Now I Belong To Jesus”
#326 “Wonderful Words of Life
SOLO: Susan Baltzer”
SCRIPTURE READING: Matthew 7:21-23
MESSAGE: “What Does God Want From Me?”
MUSIC: #133 “I Will Sing The Wondrous Story”
BENEDICTION ORGAN POSTLUDE
Welcome to the Bear River East Baptist Worship Centre. As we meditate on the music being played and hear God’s word being explained may we give praise to Him for all our
Annapolis Royal Nursing Home: Dot Wright, Don Cress.
Wolfville Nursing Home: Emily Bigelow
Mountain Lea Lodge: Alice Trimper
Our Community & Beyond
Nancy Auby, Gerald Stoddard, Cynthia Peck Cress, Cliff Jones, Marilyn Robinson, Joan Corkum,
Birthdays : Anniversaries:
Oct. 06 John Wright Oct. 10 Marilyn & Herbie Boudreau
Oct. 08 Ken Trimper Oct. 18 Sandi & Barry Aitken
Oct. 22 William Barteaux Oct. 19 Kelly & Steven Kempton
Oct. 23 Brenna LeBlanc Oct. 20 Judy & Brian Trimper
Please give the person celebrating a birthday or an anniversary a call, an email or a message to wish them a Happy Birthday.
Our Tithes & Offerings:
Offerings for this past week (Sept. 20th – Sept. 24th) amounted to $960.00. Thank you for your Tithes and Offerings.
Sun. September 27th @ 10 AM Worship Service & Sunday school. We encourage you to wear a non-medical facial mask if you are attending worship or Sunday school. There will be a time of fellowship following the service in the fellowship room/kitchen.
Tues. Sept. 29th @ 7:00 PM Prayer Meeting in room next to the office.
Wed. Sept. 30th @ 10 AM Online Bible Study John 14:1-31
Wed. Sept. 30th @ 6:30 PM Choir Practice
Thurs. Oct. 01st @ 7:00 PM Bible Study at the church Revelation 2:18-3:31
Sun. Oct. 04th @ 10 AM Worship, Praise, & Communion Service and Sunday school. There will be a time of fellowship following the service in the fellowship room/kitchen.
GOLDEN RULES FOR EASIER LIVING
01. If you open it, close it
02. If you turn it on, turn it off
03. If you unlock it, lock it up
04. If you break it, admit it.
05. If you can’t fix it, call in someone who can.
06. If you borrow it, return it.
07. If you value it, take care of it.
08. If you make a mess, clean it up.
09. If you move it, put it back.
10. If it belongs to someone else and you want to use it, get permission.
11. If you do not know how to operate it, leave it alone.
12. If it is none of your business, do not ask questions.
13. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
14. If it will brighten someone’s day, say it.
ATTENDING WORSHIP AT BRE BAPTIST WORSHIP CENTRE:
If you are planning to attend the worship service at BRE Baptist Church, listed below are the regulations you are asked to follow and adhere to.
Please exercise physical distancing as much as possible.
Inside the door you will be asked a few questions, and your name will be recorded that you had attended. You will need to sanitize your hands upon entering.
Everyone who will be worshiping at BRE Baptist Church is encouraged to wear a non-medical facial Masks unless for medical reasons you cannot wear one. If you forget to bring a mask, the church can provide you with one. Once in and seated, you may remove your mask if you wish to, but must put it back on when leaving your seat.
An usher will escort you to a seat, where you are to remain until the service is over. You may bring a bottle of water or juice, but you must take the container back out with you. Also, whatever items you bring in with you for personal use, must be taken out with you.
Families will sit together. Total number of worshippers including the pastor is 50% of our capacity as long as physical distancing is applied.
Every third pew will be used to honour physical distancing.
You can greet people with a hello or hi, but not a physical greet like, a handshake, a hug, or to touch another person.
Offering plates are near the sound booth if you wish to leave your tithes and offerings. If you have been using e-transfer you may continue to do so.
Washrooms are available for emergency use.
After the Service: Sanitize your hands on leaving.
GUIDELINES FOR CHILDREN ATTENDING SUNDAY SCHOOL
1. One parent will enter the Education Centre and come to the top of the stairs. Questions will be asked similar to the questions asked when attending worship. Children must sanitize their hands on entering and leaving the building.
2. The child’s and parent’s or guardian’s name will be recorded each Sunday.
3. Children must stay in the Sunday school room and use the washroom only in an emergency. Physical distancing will be practiced as much as possible.
4. Each child will have their own table and craft supplies which cannot be shared with another student.
5. Children may bring their own water but must take it home with them when they leave. No food will be given to the children.
6. Parents who pick up their child(ren) will one parent at a time come to the top of the stairs to receive their child(ren).
7. Sunday school teachers and helpers should wear a mask unless for medical reasons are unable to so