BHUMC Weekly What's Up!
Looks What's Happening at BHUMC!
Check out our website for the latest sermons, worship, and news:
Please read below for some important things happening this week at BHUMC!
Again and Again - The Lord is With Us!
JOIN US FOR WORSHIP!
Carlos Cueva will be leading us in Worship - LIVE in person as well as on Facebook and YouTube from Belmont Heights UMC Courtyard!
Pastor Lisa will deliver the Word!
Come join us this Sunday!
Pre-service music begins at 10:15 and worship at 10:30 am.
Please note: This is our new and permanent time change.
All Worship is on our Facebook page - www.facebook.com/belmontheightsumc/
We Have Come This Far By Faith - Updated Protocols
Dear Beloved Community,
As we all know - California has re-instated several restrictions for public gatherings and the workplace, due to the Delta Variant. In addition, our own Conference has granted permission to "follow state and local guidelines" in updating any protocol. At BHUMC we continue to follow a protocol that best embodies Love of God and Love of Neighbor.
Effective August 22, 2021, the following changes will be made in our in-person gatherings:
1. Masks are required for every person over the age of 2 or who has a physician's diagnosis that precludes mask-wearing. No other exceptions. This is regardless of vaccination status or indoor or outdoor activities.
2. Social distancing and seating within households will be strictly enforced, even in outdoor settings. This is regardless of vaccination status.
3. Discontinuation of temperature checks.
4. Congregational singing and response are allowed, when outdoors and fully masked.
5. No consumption of food or drink is allowed in the congregation. Please refrain from bringing any food or drink item that would require you to remove your mask to consume. The only exemptions are those leading worship.
6. Use of hymnals and special large print lyric books are available ONLY for those who are vision impaired.
7. Masks must be worn at all times when visiting the campus, whether indoors or outdoors. No consumption of food or drink in common spaces or when in the presence of others outside of your immediate household.
The following will remain in place:
1. Masks will be required to be worn by everyone at all times.
2. We will continue to collect contact information from all attendees.
3. Symptom and exposure questions will still be asked at the gate by the greeters.
4. No "Passing of the Peace" or other personal/touching contact outside of your household. "Elbow" bumps allowed, but please no hugging or handshakes.
5. No serving of food or drink.
I thank you for your continued perseverance and know that we are all committed to the health and safety of all those in our midst.
Blessings and grace,
Community Meeting - September 29th
BHCA Community Meeting: LBPD-East Division Team
September 29th, 6:00 PM
Belmont Heights United Methodist Church Courtyard
Join the BHCA for another important community meeting with the Long Beach Police Department East Division team for precinct updates and to discuss safety concerns.
Please arrive at 6:00PM to socialize and sign in for contact tracing as the meeting will start promptly at 6:30PM. We respectfully require that masks be worn at all times while on BHUMC property.
Harvest Craft Faire at Los Altos
Share your praises, joys, concerns, illnesses and gratitude so we can pray collectively with you! Contact the church office with your requests!
Relay for Life - Sept 25th
This year’s Relay for Life of Greater Long Beach Area Lakewood, Cerritos, Cal State LB is happening Saturday, September 25th, at the LONG BEACH POA PARK (7390 E Carson Blvd, Long Beach, CA).
Unfortunately, Belmont Heights & Los Altos UMCs ~ United Against Cancer! won’t have a team walking on the track this year, but there are still many ways you can support this cause.
You can make a donation to American Cancer Society via our team page: Belmont Heights & Los Altos Team Page
As we all know, COVID-19 has put cancer patients at risk – attacking already weakened immune systems, delaying cancer treatments, and closing many clinical trials. Because of the impact cancer has had on our lives, we are doing something about it. Relay For Life, whether you participate in person or in spirit, is a way to remember people we’ve lost and offer up support to anyone in our community who is affected by cancer. The funds raised will help sustain critical research and patient services in this difficult time.
Drive Through Food Drive - Tomorrow - 9am-11am
This month's food drive will support an organization called Help Me Help You - Nutritional Knights Program.
Located in Long Beach, this 501c-3 non-profit has set up four food pantries in four different Long Beach grade schools that are thought to represent areas of Long Beach with families and children who are facing the most severe of food challenges. On average, 100 families a week receive assistance from these pantries.
Help Me Help You also provides foods for other Long Beach pantries and even delivers foods to people who are undeserved and not mobile.
We will also be collecting items for kid's heading back to class!
Bring us your backpacks, notebooks, pens, pencils and any school supplies you wish to donate.
Coffee with the Pastor
Every Tuesday at 8:30am
Conversation, prayer and devotion.
Every Tuesday Morning on Zoom:
Searching for Media Volunteers
Join the fun behind the tech desk!
We need help with set up and tear down, as well as sound and media tech. Please contact Pastor Lisa or the church office!
Greeters and Ushers Needed!
Nurture Ministry team is looking for friendly people to sign up to be Greeters/Ushers when we begin our in person worship services. Job duties will entail greeting people as they enter, some ushering to seats, operating the welcome table, etc. Volunteers will rotate weekly, so the more the merrier, many hands help heavy lifting!
Please email Nurture@belmontheightsumc.org if interested.
Love, Peace & Harmony,
Check out our Monthly Newsletter for our Birthday List!
If you aren't on our list, please let the church office know so that we can celebrate you!