BHUMC Weekly What's Up!
Looks What's Happening at BHUMC!
Check out our website for the latest sermons, worship, and news:
Please read below for some important things happening this week at BHUMC!
RESET - A Stewardship Campaign
JOIN US FOR WORSHIP!
Carlos Cueva will be leading us in Worship - LIVE in person as well as on Facebook and YouTube from Belmont Heights UMC Courtyard!
Pastor Lisa will begin our Stewardship Campaign with "R - Ready to Meet Our New World"
Come join us this Sunday!
Pre-service music begins at 10:15 and worship at 10:30 am.
Please note: This is our new and permanent time change.
All Worship is on our Facebook page - www.facebook.com/belmontheightsumc/
We Have Come This Far By Faith - Updated Protocols
Dear Beloved Community,
As we all know - California has re-instated several restrictions for public gatherings and the workplace, due to the Delta Variant. In addition, our own Conference has granted permission to "follow state and local guidelines" in updating any protocol. At BHUMC we continue to follow a protocol that best embodies Love of God and Love of Neighbor.
Effective August 22, 2021, the following changes will be made in our in-person gatherings:
1. Masks are required for every person over the age of 2 or who has a physician's diagnosis that precludes mask-wearing. No other exceptions. This is regardless of vaccination status or indoor or outdoor activities.
2. Social distancing and seating within households will be strictly enforced, even in outdoor settings. This is regardless of vaccination status.
3. Discontinuation of temperature checks.
4. Congregational singing and response are allowed, when outdoors and fully masked.
5. No consumption of food or drink is allowed in the congregation. Please refrain from bringing any food or drink item that would require you to remove your mask to consume. The only exemptions are those leading worship.
6. Use of hymnals and special large print lyric books are available ONLY for those who are vision impaired.
7. Masks must be worn at all times when visiting the campus, whether indoors or outdoors. No consumption of food or drink in common spaces or when in the presence of others outside of your immediate household.
The following will remain in place:
1. Masks will be required to be worn by everyone at all times.
2. We will continue to collect contact information from all attendees.
3. Symptom and exposure questions will still be asked at the gate by the greeters.
4. No "Passing of the Peace" or other personal/touching contact outside of your household. "Elbow" bumps allowed, but please no hugging or handshakes.
5. No serving of food or drink.
I thank you for your continued perseverance and know that we are all committed to the health and safety of all those in our midst.
Blessings and grace,
Harvest Craft Faire at Los Altos
Share your praises, joys, concerns, illnesses and gratitude so we can pray collectively with you! Contact the church office with your requests!
Coffee with the Pastor
Every Tuesday at 8:30am
Conversation, prayer and devotion.
Every Tuesday Morning on Zoom:
Searching for Media Volunteers
Join the fun behind the tech desk!
We need help with set up and tear down, as well as sound and media tech. Please contact Pastor Lisa or the church office!
Greeters and Ushers Needed!
Nurture Ministry team is looking for friendly people to sign up to be Greeters/Ushers when we begin our in person worship services. Job duties will entail greeting people as they enter, some ushering to seats, operating the welcome table, etc. Volunteers will rotate weekly, so the more the merrier, many hands help heavy lifting!
Please email Nurture@belmontheightsumc.org if interested.
Love, Peace & Harmony,
Check out our Monthly Newsletter for our Birthday List!
If you aren't on our list, please let the church office know so that we can celebrate you!