Pastor Steve Van Noort
* Call to Worship
* God’s Greeting
* Gathering Songs: “O Church Arise”
Offering for World Hunger
Peter Fish Collection for World Hunger
Prayer of Blessing for the Children
* Song of Preparation: “I Know Not Why God’s Wondrous Grace” PH 495:1-3
Scripture: Genesis 19:1-29 (p. 16)
Message: “Saved…But As Through the Fire”
* Song of Response: “Christ the Sure and Steady Anchor”
Preparing Our Hearts
Serving the Bread: “Behold the Lamb”
Serving the Juice (music for reflection)
* Doxology: “Romans Doxology” 1-3
Pianist: Laura Te Velde
Praise team: Elaine Vos, Mandy Van Noort, Elsa Wonder, Theodore Wonder
Pastor Steve Van Noort
Gathering to Worship
Welcome & Opening Prayer
* Songs of Praise and Adoration: “How Vast the Benefits Divine” PH 497:1-3
“My Jesus I Love Thee” PH 557:1-4
Offering Our Prayers and Gifts
Time of Prayer
Offering for Christian Education Fund
Hearing God’s Word
* Song of Preparation: “Speak O Lord” 1-3
Scripture: Psalm 14 (p. 534)
Message: The Fool Says There is No God”
Q & A Discussion Opportunity
* Song of Response: “Love Divine All Loves Excelling” PH 568:1-3
* God’s Parting Blessing
* Doxology: “Worthy Is Christ” PH 629:1-2
Pianist: Sue Meenderinck
THIS MORNING we celebrate the sacrament of Holy Communion. Jesus invites all who are weary and heavy laden to find rest in him. He invites the young, old, rich, poor, strong, and weak—all who have faith in him to come to the feast and be nourished. The bread is gluten-free.
WORLD HUNGER: Today, on World Hunger Sunday, we bring our offerings to God and ask him to use them to supply the needs of those living in poverty to achieve Uzima--a sense of wholeness and life as God intended it to be. To learn more about how your gifts will be used to equip communities around the world, please visit worldrenew.net
• No Sunday School
• Evening Worship will be a Praise, Prayer and Share service.
HOLIDAY SERVICES SCHEDULE:
• November 21: Thanksgiving Eve Service at 7:00 PM
• November 25: No PM service
• December 9: Joint Evening Service at Third CRC
• December 23: Evening Candlelight Service at 6:00 PM
• December 25: Christmas Day Service at 10:00 AM
• December 30: PM service will celebrate Old Years with Communion at 6:00. (No service on December 31.)
THANK YOU for showing your appreciation through cards, prayers, words of encouragement, gifts and cake. We feel blessed for the opportunity to worship and serve alongside you- Bethel staff: Pastor Steve, Yuanita, Elaine, Pam, Sherry, Marv and Karen.
GEMS: Tomorrow is our Mother/Daughter event! We are looking forward to seeing you all (bring a grandma or aunt or family friend if Mom can't make it) at 7:00 for shopping, packing shoe boxes, and some fun, food, & fellowship!
FROM THE COUNCIL: Thank you to those accepting the nomination for elder and deacon. For elder: John Hiemstra, Tim Holleman, John Schouten and Brent Van Dalen. For deacon: Ken Herwerden, Kevin Te Velde, Norene Van Andel and Ken Vander Veen. Our congregational meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 13.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD: You are invited to join the Bethel GEMS in their quest to fill 20 shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child by giving your monetary donation in the can on the library table. Thank you for partnering with us!
SAVE THE DATE: Make sure to mark March 22-23 on your calendar for the Spring Women’s Retreat. The committee is busy planning a great weekend for any lady who would like to attend! It will be a wonderful time of fellowship, building new friendships, deepening current friendships and spending time in prayer and worship to our Lord and Savior.
CHINA TRIP: Rev. Wayne Ten Harmsel, former missionary we supported, is organizing a trip to China for next spring. Additional information is available in a brochure in the back of church.