Pastor Ken Van Kooten
Gathering to Worship
* Call to Worship
* God’s Greeting
* Time of Praise “Sing to the King”
“My Worth Is Not In What I Own”
Confession and Assurance
Prayer of Confession
Belgic Confession: Article 16 & 17
Assurance of Pardon
Song of Response: “Yet Not I But Through Christ in Me”
Offering Our Prayer and Gifts
Congregational Prayer: Marv Apol
Offering received for Faith Promise
The Word of God
* Song of Preparation: “Breathe on me, Breath of God” PH 420
* Scripture: Romans 11:33-36 (p. 1126)
* Song of Response: “Romans Doxology”
* Doxology: “Praise God, From Whom All Blessings Flow”
Pianist: Laura Te Velde
Praise team: David Vos, Carissa Hiemstra
CONGRATULATIONS to the following couples who are celebrating special anniversaries:
• Karl and Dolores Bosman, 50 years on Thursday, June 23
• Gene and Dorothy Greenough, 55 years on June 23
• John and Anne Maas, 63 years on Sunday, June 26!
BIRTHDAY BLESSINGS to Ben Spoelstra who will celebrate his 96th birthday tomorrow, June 20 and to Denise Storteboom who will celebrate her 86th birthday on Wednesday, June 22!
FROM THE COUNCIL:
• Pray for Pastor Bryan, Stephanie, Carson, Isaac, Lydia and Josiah Dick as they travel to Lynden this week.
• Pray for peace in the body of the CRC as Synod 2022 has ended.
• Pray for our church family who are unable to worship with us regularly: Shirley De Boer, Stan De Vries, Betty Hollander, Joyce Kok, John and Anne Maas, Pastor Peter and Jo Mans, Jeanne Meenderinck, Arlene Noles, Anna Roorda, Ben Spoelstra, Renee Storteboom and others.
• Pray for: Gary and Sally Hiemstra, Marilyn Haak, Chad Drost, Mary Timmer.
TODAY we welcome Pastor Ken Van Kooten. Pastor Van Kooten was a Washington State Trooper for many years and is currently a chaplain and counselor. He and his wife Sally live near Ferndale. Next week we welcome Pastor David Watson, an elder at First CRC.
GROCERY SHOWER: A bulletin board in the narthex has grocery items we are buying for the Dick family. Please take a card and return the item to church. Perishable food can be placed in the upstairs refrigerator/freezer. Questions? Talk to Kerri Meenderinck or Dee Hiemstra.