Pastor Steve Van Noort
* Gathering Songs: “Come All You People”
“Alabaré” PH 234
* Call to Worship
* God’s Greeting
* Song of Response: “Joy to the World! The Lord is Come” PH 337
Unity in Christ
All Nations Heritage Litany (from Our World Belongs to God)
Serving the Bread: “Hallelujah for the Cross”
Serving the Juice
* Song of Response: “Ere Zij God / Glory to God” PH 214
Offering for Christian Education Fund
Offertory: How Great is Our God World Edition
Prayer of Blessing for the Children
* Scripture: Romans 1:16-17 (p. 1116)
Message: “The Power of the Gospel”
* Song of Response: “In Christ Alone”
* Doxology: “Mungu Ni Mwema / Know That God is Good”
Pianist: Elaine Vos
Praise team: Kelly De Jong, Addie De Jong, Les Mulder, Pat Folkertsma, Brendan Vandenberg
Pastor Steve Van Noort
Gathering to Worship
Welcome & Opening Prayer
* Songs of Praise: “Exalt the Lord, His Praise Proclaim” PH 181:1-3
“You Are Worthy” PH 232
Offering Our Prayers and Gifts
Time of Prayer
Offering for Engedi Refuge
Hearing God’s Word
* Song of Preparation: “O Love of God, How Strong and True” PH 463:1,2,6,7
Scripture: Psalm 27 (p. 543)
Message: “When Overwhelmed with Fear”
Q & A Discussion Opportunity
* Doxology: “Glory Be to the Father” PH 635
Pianist: Sue Meenderinck
BIRTHDAY BLESSINGS to Gene Greenough who will celebrate his 81st birthday tomorrow, October 7!
THIS MORNING we celebrate All Nations Heritage Sunday as well as the sacrament of Holy Communion. Jesus invites all who are weary and heavy laden to find rest in him. He invites the young, old, rich, poor, strong and weak—all who have faith in him to come to the feast and be nourished. The bread is gluten free.
INCLUSION MINISTRY: You are encouraged to attend the second panel discussion with Yuanita, Jana and other practitioners or parents of children with special needs next Sunday at 9:20 am as we continue to explore an inclusion ministry at Bethel.
BUTTERBRAIDS: It's Butterbraid season! The Bethel GEMS are selling frozen Butterbraids and cookie dough to raise money for our special events. Butterbraids are $12 each and come in 9 flavors: four cheese & herb, apple, blueberry cream cheese, cherry, cinnamon, cream cheese, raspberry, strawberry cream cheese, & caramel rolls (9 ct). Cookie Dough has 40 pre-portioned frozen cookies for $13 and comes in 4 varieties: chocolate chip, cranberry oatmeal medley, snickerdoodle, and sweet macadamia nut. Please talk to your favorite GEM or sign up on the library table by tomorrow, October 7 to order. Questions? Ask any GEMS Counselor: Julie Ball, Tammy Holleman, Mary Kok, or Mandy VanNoort. Thank you for your support!
CLASSIS PACIFIC NW meets at Hope in Christ Church in Bellingham on Thursday. Pastor Steve and Dennis Bosman will be our representatives.
SPUD FEED: Our annual SHINE spud feed will be held Wednesday, October 16 from 5-7 pm. All proceeds go toward our summer mission trip fund and youth group activities. We appreciate your support.
MISSIONARY NEWSLETTER: Evy Smith’s latest newsletter is on the narthex table for those who did not receive it electronically.
STAFF APPRECIATION: October is staff appreciation month at Bethel. Please make sure you pray for and lift up our staff – Pastor Steve and Mandy, Yuanita (youth), Elaine (worship), Sherry (secretary), Pam (bookkeeper) and Marv & Karen (custodians). Join us in a social time after church Sunday morning October 27 with refreshments and coffee cake. There will be a basket for cards or notes.
• October 13: Rev. Russell Kent, former pastor of Hopewell Community Church, will lead our evening service
• October 20: Vesper Service at Meadow Greens, group one: Homer and Betty Wigboldy, John and Jane Schouten, Jerry and Sue Meenderinck, Dolores Bosman, Les and Marcia Mulder, Jan Herwerden, Ruth Tiersma
• October 27: Joint CRC pm service at First CRC