God Calls Us to Worship
Prelude “Partita on ‘All Creatures of our God and King’ “
arr. Charles Callahan
1. Entrada 2. Chorale 3. Duo 4. Trio 5. Reflection 6. Toccata
* God’s Greeting
* Songs of Praise: “Beautiful Savior” PH 461:1,3,4
“The Church’s One Foundation” PH 502:1,2,4
We Offer Our Prayers and Gifts
Offering: General Fund
Offertory: “Our World Belongs to God” arr. R. Haan PH 459
Prayer of Blessing for the Children
God Speaks to Us
* Song of Preparation: “I Will Sing of My Redeemer” PH 479:1-3
Scripture: Genesis 6:1-8 (p. 5)
Message: “Knowing the Joy of Grace”
* Song of Response: “Grace Greater than All Our Sin” 1-3
We Celebrate the Lord’s Supper
Serving the Bread: “What Shall I Render to the Lord” arr. H. Willan/D. Harris
Based on Psalm 116 (words on the screen for meditation)
Serving the Juice: “Good is the Lord and Full of Kind Compassion”
arr. J. Archer Based on Psalm 103 (words on the screen for meditation)
God Sends Us Out
* Doxology: “Father, We Love You” PH 634:1-3
* Postlude: “Jesus Shall Reign” arr. Charles Callahan
Gathering to Worship
Welcoming & Opening Prayer
* Songs of Praise and Adoration:
“For the Beauty of the Earth” PH 432:1-4
“Guide Me, O My Great Redeemer” PH 543:1-3
Offering Our Prayers and Gifts
Time of Prayer
Offering for Rehoboth Christian School
Hearing God’s Word
* Song of Preparation: “Eternal Spirit, God of Truth” PH 422:1-2
Scripture: Psalm 9 (p. 531)
Message: “Justice for the Oppressed”
Q & A Discussion Opportunity
*Song of Response:
“Wholehearted Thanksgiving to You I Will Bring” PH 9:1,2,4,5
God’s Parting Blessing
* Doxology: “Bless His Holy Name” PH 627
CONGRATULATIONS to Jeanette Eshuis who will celebrate her 91st birthday on Wednesday, June 13 and Harry Van Dyke who will celebrate his 93rd birthday on Thursday, June 14! Thank you for the many ways you have both served at Bethel through the years.
BLESSINGS to Ivan and Wilma Groen as they celebrate their 57th wedding anniversary on Thursday, June 14!
DORIS VANDER HAAK’S health continues to decline and her family requests no visitors at this time. Please pray for peace and comfort as her pain is difficult to manage.
CONGRATULATIONS to Ryan Pitcher who graduated from Valparaiso University! We overlooked him in the graduates list last week.
GRADUATES: We hope to have a complete list of those graduating from high school, college (and beyond) and your plans in the July newsletter. Please submit information to the church office: email@example.com
MISSION TRIP: Yuanita and Marv Apol and several SHINE members left this morning for Rehoboth Christian School where they will help with children summer camp. They will return on Saturday. Please pray for all those going: Bethany Ball, Laine De Jong, Kelli Heeringa, Kyler Holleman, Marissa Muljat, Muriel Ter Beek, Nora Ter Beek and Chase Van Dalen.
THIS MORNING we celebrate Communion.
• Pastor Koeman will preach next Sunday evening, June 17.
ADVANCE NOTICE: Mark your calendars for the annual church picnic on July 10 at Berthusen Park.
ROCK THE BLOCK:
- Yard Signs—Remember your red Rock the Block yard sign? Now is the time to dig it out of your garage or pick one up from the church library to plant in your yard!
- Registration is now open for children going into grades K-5. Please sign up at www.rocktheblocklynden.com. Pass the word on to your neighbors and friends. Rock the Block is happening July 24-26.
- The following items are needed: empty toilet paper rolls, 3 ½ inch plastic lids (like from frosting containers or Daisy sour cream) and colored flat glass gems that you no longer need. Please put your donations in a tub in the library.
THE SEAFARERS MINISTRY and Pastor John Van Hemert thank the Lynden CRCs for their generous offering on May 27.
Genesis 6:1-8 | Knowing the Joys of Grace
* This is the darkest passage in all of Scripture
* Big Idea: By revealing the severity of sin our God opens our hearts to receive his amazing grace.
1. The reality of sin
* Sons of God married the daughters of men
* Every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually
2. The judgment of sin
* God limits His patience
* God limits the lifespans of humans
* God is grieved
* God repents
* God promises to blot out man
3. The pardon for sin
* Noah finds favor with God
* Through one man the world will be saved
* How we respond