Welcome to Bible Engagement Project!
Get started using your Bible Engagement Project edition of Logos by first assigning your license! Click the "Assigning Logos Licenses Video" link below or follow the guided steps by clicking "Show More."
Step 1. Go to Faithlife.com
Step 2. Find your church group.
Step 3. Invite the license recipient(s) to your church group.
Step 4. Wait for invitees to join your church group.
Step 5. Go to “Settings”.
Step 6. Select “Licenses”.
Step 7. Select “Assign” license(s).
Step 8. Add names and select “Assign”.
Note: You will need to make two assignments – first to the Logos library and second to the features.
Step 9. Congratulations!
An email will be sent to the recipient(s) notifying them that they have access to licenses. When the recipients log in to the Logos app via iOS or Android, or app.logos.com or download the desktop application, their resources will automatically appear.
ARE YOU A LOGOS RECIPIENT?
How do I access Logos?
Logos is available for your iOs or Android device, online at app.logos.com and as a downloadable desktop application. For the most robust experience, download the Logos desktop application. Your subscription gives you access to all of these, and your account information is synced between all of these platforms.
When you access Logos on any of these platforms, log in with the same account that you use for your church group on Faithlife.com
How do I learn to use Logos?
- Visit the Logos help center to find resources to help you learn to use Logos. We recommend starting with the Logos Sermon and Bible Study Preparation Series.
- Sign up for an upcoming webinar or watch a previous one.
What’s the easiest way to start using Logos?
Here are some good places to get started:
- Guides are a quick way to leverage the power of your Logos library. Guides search all of your Logos resources to build a report on a word, passage, or topic. You can access these via the Guides menu in the Logos toolbar. Learn more.
- Logos includes a number of task based layouts that provide a quick way to access the power of Logos. Click the Layouts icon in the Logos toolbar, then select one of the layouts in the left panel of the Layouts menu. Learn more.
- Workflows guide you step by step through studying a biblical passage, preparing a sermon, devotional reading, and more. You can access Workflows via the Guides menu in the Logos toolbar. Learn more.
- Are you stewarding your time well when it comes to sermon prep? What kind of example are you setting for those coming up in ministry and are watching what you do with your time? These are important questions for pastors and leaders to ask themselves. Watch Mike Santiago (Church Multiplication Network) and Mike Brown (Faithlife / Bible Engagement Project) discuss these topics and more in less than 10 minutes!CMN Less than Ten: Mike Brown on tools to Improve Sermon PreparationIn this week's episode of CMN Less than Ten, Mike Brown of Faithlife, discuss the state of pastoral ministry and tools to improve sermon preparation.www.youtube.com
- Jon Catron and I are enjoying our time with the South Texas District. We continue to have so many conversations with church leaders who are longing for stronger biblical engagement within their church family - the need is great! This is why we get so excited to share the vision for Bible Engagement Project, which equips the church with the tools and resources to do just this. “They said to each other, ‘Didn’t our hearts burn within us as he [Jesus] talked with us on the road and *explained the Scriptures* to us?’” ~ Luke 24:32
- This is awesome!
- Enjoying the day with all of you ... in this mornings session, the question was asked about the link for the "Power of 4" study. Here it is: https://www.centerforbibleengagement.org/publications On that page the link is "Scientific Evidence for the Power of 4" Hope that helps!
- We’re here at the CMN Launch event in Kansas City, MO presenting the Bible Engagement Project to a room full of church planters! We are praying all of these church plants go out and launch, establishing a healthy culture of biblical engagement. Your Kingdom come and Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven, God!
Prioritize Resources: Important & Ignored
Prioritizing the resources in your library may be one of the most important things in Logos that you are not doing.
Ever wonder why your Passage Guide or Sermon Starter Guide shows commentaries in the order they do? Ever wish you could change the order to show your favorite commentaries first? This is exactly what the Prioritize Resources feature does, and not just for commentaries, but Bibles, lexicons, dictionaries, and more!
I plan on doing a live webinar covering this important Logos feature soon, but in the meantime I highly recommend you watch this concise video or read the illustrated transcript, so you can start prioritizing your own resources right now! I promise you will want to bake me cookies for this one (I like chocolate chip).
- Be sure to read this article over at Influence Magazine on the transformational power of Scripture. This is why we believe so deeply in the Bible Engagement Project for our churches!The Transformational Power of ScriptureAligning the compass of your life to the truth of Scriptureinfluencemagazine.com
- Our first two rounds of Logos 101 Live Webinars were a great success! A big "THANK YOU" and high fives to everyone who registered and attended. I also really want to thank Adam Borries (Faithlife) for cohosting with me - it wouldn't have been nearly as good or fun without you! We had a great time learning together and already have future webinars in the works. If you were not able to attend, all eight sessions are available now to watch here: https://www.gotostage.com/channel/bep.GoToStage.comwww.gotostage.com
- Mike Brown (Faithlife) published a newsletterReadLogos 101 Live Webinars Start TomorrowLearning how to use Logos Bible Software together!
Tomorrow is the day we kick off our Live Logos 101 Webinars! Whether you plan to attend live or watch later on demand, you don't want to miss out on this invaluable basic training.
Join hosts Mike Brown and Adam Borries for our Logos 101 Series where they will cover the basics of using Logos Bible Software, and take anyone from "I've installed Logos, now what?!" to "I don't like to brag, but I use Logos every day."
We have a total of 8 distinct 20 minutes live webinars covering different aspects of using the BEP Edition of Logos Bible Software.
Can’t join us live? Register anyways and we will send you the on-demand recording to view at your own convenience - and we will see you next time!
...or you can use these direct links to register for the specific live webinar you would like to attend (all times are PDT):
- Logos 101: Settings & Navigation - Aug 27, 10:00 AM
- Logos 101: Layouts - Aug 27, 10:30 AM
- Logos 101: Navigate Your Library - Aug 27, 11:00 AM
- Logos 101: Guides & Workflows - Aug 27, 11:30 AM
- Logos 101: Tools Spotlight (Finding & Collecting Info) - Aug 29, 10:00 AM
- Logos 101: Interactive Media - Aug 29, 10:30 AM
- Logos 101: Search - Aug 29, 11:00 AM
- Logos 101: Sermon Editor - Aug 29, 11:30 AM