Bible Study Magazine
General • 26 members • 48 followers
About this group
Expand your study of the Bible and discover new insights from God's Word!
- What have you learned from this series on Paul's missionary journeys? What was your favorite discovery? Key takeaway?
- Hi, I'm a relatively new subscriber and want to become part of this group.
- What books of the Bible have you read in one sitting? Share your insights! Or, if you’ve never tried it, pick a shorter book or good sized passage and let us know how it went, and what you learned!
- I want to say "Amen!" to Kelley Matthews who suggested in the May/June 2018 issue that we should read whole books rather than just a few verses out of context. I used to read only the gospels because other people told me that Paul is really down on women ("be silent in the church" or "obey your husband"), but then I started reading the letters and found that many women were working with Paul. For just one example, at the end of Romans, Chapter 16: "I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon of the church at Cenchreae..." Also, in Ephesians, Chapter 5, husbands are told "love your wives, just as Christ lived the church." There's no permission to oppress women in Paul.
- I want to join the study group
- How do I change my address for Bible Study magazine so I don't miss any issues?
- I was going to college this summer and did not get to read the magazine. I was doing a lot studying for elementary algebra, and college skills. I am 52 so going back to college has been a big learning experience!!