9:15 a.m. --- Early Worship Service
10:30 a.m. --- Prayer Meeting
11:00 a.m. --- Sunday Worship Service
Midweek Bible Study at ChewelahBaptist.org
Friday --- Deacons' Meeting, 10:00 a.m.
Saturday --- Valentine's Activity, 9:00 a.m.
Giving to the church can be done in a variety of ways:
1) Mail – PO Box 315, Chewelah, WA 99109
2) Bill pay from your financial institution.
3) Online: https://chewelahbaptist.org/give
4) Text-to-Give: text the word Give to 509-255-8811
with a dollar amount (Give 100)
Monthly general fund budget need - $9,608
Thank you for your generous giving to Chewelah Baptist.
Today and Wednesday's sermon will be posted at chewelahbaptist.org. Links will be sent through email and through our church Facebook account.
Job 38:4–7; Psalm 95:1–2; 98:4–6
I. The Purpose of Music – Revelation 15:3-4; Hebrew 13:15
A. Worship God
worship = to express in attitude or gesture one’s complete dependence on or submission to a high authority figure, (fall down and) worship…prostrate oneself before, do reverence to, welcome respectfully (A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, 882)
worship = from worth and ship; the state of worth or worthiness…
4. Chiefly and eminently, the act of paying divine honors to the Supreme Being; or the reverence and homage paid to him in religious exercises, consisting in adoration, confession, prayer, thanksgiving and the like. (Noah Webster’s First Edition of An American Dictionary of the English Language)
B. Glorify God – 1 Corinthians 10:31
C. Teach About God – Colossians 3:16–17
II. The Use of Music
A. In Old Testament Times – Genesis 4:20–21
Psalm 40:1–3; Psalm 96:1–5
new = recent or fresh (as the opposite of old) and in the sense of something not previously existing. (Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old & New Testament Words, 160)
new = original and of a kind not seen before (Rick Brannan, ed., Lexham Research Lexicon of the Hebrew Bible)
B. In New Testament Times – James 5:13–14; Ephesians 5:18–20
C. Throughout Eternity – Revelation 5:9