About this group
- Christmas In The Neighborhood - Sunday December 12th 1-3PM we are enjoying Food, Games, Crafts, Bounce Houses, Live music and giving filled stockings to the kids as we celebrate the Christmas holidays
- Sunday September 6 2020 Enter In Pastor Brent continues in Hebrews 9 the perfect sacrifice once and for all - never again repeated nor ever again out done. sermon series in HebrewsSunday September 6 2020 Enter InSunday September 6 2020 Enter In Pastor Brent continues in Hebrews 9 the perfect sacrifice once and for all - never again repeated nor ever again out done. s...youtu.be
- Tonight’s Wed Bible study 6:30PM in the parking lot will more than likely be very very chilly. Bring something warm. Our scripture is 1 John 2:28-3:10. John writes that the world reacts to us in such a way because it doesn’t know God, doesn’t know Jesus. QUESTION: How will the world get to know Jesus? And name some ways that knowing God as your Father and Jesus' love has changed your lifestyle and the things you pursue today. Again, what a great bible study “EYEWITNESS” - drawing us to a point of really looking not only at who we are but our effect in the world around us.
- Augsut 23 2020 Perfect High Priest sermon Culver City Church of God This Sunday was a hot service 10:30am on the lot. Plenty of shade and water. Pastor Brent shared from Hebrews 7. Always we look forward to sharing our time with you. Check out what your local churches are doing and connect with them. Email your prayer request to email@example.com If you would like to make a donation check out our donation tab at culvercitychurchofgod.org Thank you for your supportAugsut 23 2020 Perfect High Priest sermon Culver City Church of GodAugsut 23 2020 Perfect High Priest sermon Culver City Church of God This Sunday was a hot service 10:30am on the lot. Plenty of shade and water. Pastor Brent...youtu.be
- Tomorrow at our Wednesday Night Gathering 6:30 pm in the parking lot we are in the book of 1 John 2 (in a study called Eyewitness) with questions and discussion around – The Antichrist and antichrists – false teachers – being led astray – leaving the fellowship – pretenders etc. We will try to get to understanding such words as – anointed – continue in Him – abide etc. Maybe we will discuss this deeper thought - Write down a time when you felt the Holy Spirit prompted you to action. Tomorrow make a goal to always check out what your local church gathering is doing and connect and share.
- Tonight at our Wednesday Night Gathering 6:30 pm we are in the book of 1 John (in a study called Eyewitness) with a great question - Do you think you would live your life differently if you had actually seen Jesus, touched Him, spoken with Him and walked with Him the way John did? looking at other verses such as John 1:14, Luke 1:1-2. Acts 1:1-3, John 10:25 and John 15:24. Always check out what your local church gathering is doing and connect and share.
- Daily Devotional segments 2020 March 28, 2020 Dependence on… For some dependence is a easy thing. In fact they may even really love depending on someone else to meet all of their every need and even whims. For some, depending on others or one individual is very difficult to do. They may feel in control by being very very independent. But, all in all, everyone of us is dependent on someone or something. We depend on the bank to not only hold our money but give it to us when we need it. We depend on grocery stores to be stocked, restaurants to still serve via take out or delivery. We depend on doctors and nurses to care for us, police and fire departments to serve, we may even depend on our churches to somehow continue to minister and serve where needed. The list can go on and on when you really begin to think about dependence. That is alright. It is good to know that there are those you can depend on. There are times when God has them in the right spot for you. Give God praise for those he has placed in your lives that you can depend on and ask God to bless them more and more. Most of all learn more and more to depend on God. In times when no one seems able to or available or even around to depend on – God is always there for you. Depend on him. Let me share to areas of scripture that remind me so much of God there for me – Psalms 18:1-2 1 I love you, Lord; you are my strength. 2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. Matthew 11:28-30 28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
- Hello Culver City Church of God Family and Friends! In consideration of the public health concerns related to COVID-19, we will not be hosting in-person services our sanctuary this weekend. Instead, you can visit us here on Facebook.com with updates, conversations, and prayer. You can also visit our website culvercitychurchofgod.org for the same with also more interaction with one another. Great advice has been given from other churches in our surrounding areas and we here also commit to engaging in the same ways such as: Here’s how we’d like for you to consider engaging during this season: 1. Invite: Let’s all commit to use this time to spread the good news about a God who loves us enough to provide access to Himself through His Son Jesus. 2. Connect: Find ways to safely connect with others during this season. Digital platforms, conference calls and even safe, in person engagement. People need connection and support in times like these. 3. Serve: As a church we are looking for ways to serve those that will be significantly impacted by this moment in our culture. We also encourage you to find ways to serve those around you. 4. Give: Our church is financed by the free will gifts of our members and friends. Please continue to support your church as we actualize the vision that God has given us. We’ve made giving easy by providing several giving options including - you can visit our website and click the “give” button (all our giving options are safe and secured) – you can mail your donation to our address – you can stop by the church office during the week (see our office hours or call in advance) – THANK YOU for your giving because it helps not only during these times but also as the church will continue to minister to all in the times ahead. Above all, we need you to pray. There are so many in our world being impacted by this virus and a number of other societal issues. We firmly believe that the prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective and we plead with you to join us as we cover our world in a blanket of prayer. Some may wonder why we decided to suspend service during this crisis. Here’s our short list. We see ourselves loving our neighbors by protecting them. We believe that using wisdom doesn’t mean we are walking in fear. We know that the Church isn’t a building, time of day or style of gathering. We are the church, wherever we are and at all times. Thank you for your patience. We will do our best to keep you informed and connected.