About this group
Loving God and Loving Our Neighbors!Follow
- Happy Day! Greetings from Foothills Camp and Retreat Center. I'm spending a couple days here, helping to interview ministers in training. Friday (6:30) Hamilton Heights Christian Academy Graduation. Saturday (9:30) Prayer Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87003106962?pwd=NFJHYzduUjhMM2xZZVREWkNXVUVrQT09 Saturday (11-2:00) Anna Frazier Graduation Reception Sunday (9:45) Prayer Mobilization Group (Chapel) and Bema Podcast (Fireside Room... https://www.bemadiscipleship.com/1) Sunday (12:15) Church Board Meeting Prayer Updates Continue to pray for Nakia Mathis (delicate surgery needed in her neck), Hannah Gray (recovering from thyroid surgery), Angie Patillo (needing eye surgery), Jean Watson (continuing to recover from a stroke), Janet McKenzie Massey (evaluating cancer treatment), Betty Patterson (growing weaker), and Frances Durham (continuing with therapy). Love my friends! See you Sunday!Trust the StoryThe Creation Story of Genesis 1www.bemadiscipleship.com
- Midweek Update! Happy day. I trust you're having a good week. Please keep the following in mind. Friday (5:15) Juneteenth Information Meeting (join us for a light supper and to learn more about this special community event) Saturday (9:30) Prayer Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87003106962... Sunday (9:30) Women's Breakfast. It's mother's day. Join us for coffee, juice and pastries as we say "Thank you" to all the wonderful women who nurture our church family! Sunday (9:45) Praying toward Pentecost (meeting in the chapel) and the Bema Podcast (meeting in the Fireside room... make sure you've listed to episode 0 https://www.bemadiscipleship.com/0) Sunday (10:45) we'll recognize our mothers and our graduates. Graduates this year include Julieth Alonzo, Zane Ferrying, Anna Frazier, and Tayhia Petty (graduating from cosmetology school) Sunday (5:00) Grief Share (with a special emphasis on parents who have lost their children) PRAYER UPDATES Janet McKenzie Massey is home, but has been told that she has stage 4 lung cancer. Jean Watson is home and will continue with outpatient therapy to recover from her stroke. Hannah Gray is home, recovering from thyroid surgery. Let her know if you could drop by for a couple hours to help prepare lunch for the kids! Our nation is being polarized by the Supreme Court's projected decision regarding abortion. Recognize that these tests are also an opportunity for the People of God to show the love of God (we don't have to give an ugly response to hurtful comments or reports). We also get to calmly speak the hope of God for His people... the fact that all lives are valuable to God and that He hopes that we will nurture life from conception to death. Continue to pray for the war in Ukraine and consider how we as a church can help the refugees who will soon come to Chattanooga. I love my friends. See you on Sunday!Introductory LessonEastern and Western Perspectiveswww.bemadiscipleship.com
- Midweek Update Friday (7:15) Nazarenes @ Chattanooga Lookouts… we have 30 from our church attending this event. Look for me around 6:45 to get your tickets. 166 Nazarenes are attending the game (including our District Superintendent). Saturday (9:30) Prayer Meeting. We’ll be meeting online this week. Join us through this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87003106962?pwd=NFJHYzduUjhMM2xZZVREWkNXVUVrQT09 Sunday (9:45) Praying Toward Pentecost Sunday school class (meeting in the Chapel) and The Bema Discussion Group (meeting in the Fireside Room). Let’s pursue a deeper relationship with God AND with our church family! Sunday (10:45) Worship, including an introduction of our new Church Board leaders and the celebration of communion. Our theme this week is “Second Chances”. Sunday (12:15) Our Discipleship, Missions, and Youth Committees are encouraged to BRIEFLY meet with our department presidents …Justin Frazier (DMI), Suzanne Stamey (NMI), and Chanmony Frazier (NYI) Our newly elected leaders include: Local Church Board Tonya Derryberry, Patty Faulkner, Robert Gilbert, Jonathan Kline, Titi Miller, Jackie Prosser, Steve Russell, Garnent Shaw, and James Smith Discipleship (NDI) Committee Justin Frazier (ch) with Sandy martin, Nakia Mathis, Jonathan McKenzie, Bob Miller, Marla Ownby, Jackie Prosser and Pepper Quinn Missions (NMI) Committee Suzanne Stamey (ch) with Kimberly Bartlett, Elizabeth Kline, Jonathan McKenzie, Donna Russell, Kim Smith, Rose Woodward, and Lesa York Youth (NYI) Committee Chanmony Frazier (ch) with Jarinzi Alonzo, Julieth Alonzo, Anna Frazier, and Noelle Johnson District Assembly Delegates (July 12-14) Roger/Mary Hewitt, Maurice/Pepper Quinn, Justin/Chanmony Frazier, and Suzanne Stamey PRAYER UPDATES Dennis Kerley’s niece… rough delivery. Momma is in the ICU Jean Watson is recovering from a stroke and will be moving to Siskin for therapy. Janet Massey is recovering from surgery and being evaluated for cancer. Betty Patterson has had a rough week. Angie Patillo is being evaluated for bleeding on her eyes. Continue to pray for peace in Ukraine. Sunday is near! I look forward to seeing you soon.Join our Cloud HD Video MeetingZoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Founded in 2011, Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Zoom is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, CA.us02web.zoom.us
- Freedom is a gift that needs to be shared! Chattanooga First Church of the Nazarene is hosting a community Juneteenth Celebration on Saturday, June 18. Join us for a great day of community fun, including a classic car show, craft fair, food vendors, children's activities, community choir, and recognition of community leaders.
- Sunday Is Near! Saturday (9:00 – 12:00) Membership Seminar Join Pastor Eric and explore “next steps” in the church. Saturday (9:30) Prayer Meeting Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87003106962?pwd=NFJHYzduUjhMM2xZZVREWkNXVUVrQT09 Sunday (10:45) Election Sunday… Help us choose our new leadership team! Sunday (12:15) Church Board Meeting (this is a short meeting to interview ministers in training) Make sure you sign up on Sunday if you’d like to attend the Lookouts Baseball Game next Friday (April 29): $10 Prayer Updates: Continue to remember the Marla Ownby Family as they grieve the passing of Kathleen. Jean Watson is recovering from a stroke, but is doing reasonably well. Janet Massey is recovering from surgery.Join our Cloud HD Video MeetingZoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Founded in 2011, Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Zoom is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, CA.us02web.zoom.us