Charles H. Spurgeon
Author • 9 members • 429 followers
About this group
C. H. Spurgeon (1834–1892) is one of the church’s most famous preachers and Christianity’s most prolific writers.
- In seeking Christ, we are encouraged to pray for all our brothers and sisters, that he may give more of his Spirit, that we may know more of Him, as a true knowledge of who God is, what he has done, will, by his grace, lead us to offer more a sacrifice of thanksgiving and praiseEphesians 1:15–17English Standard VersionFor this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him,
- Never miss a free deal! User submitted free books! Follow the group! https://faithlife.com/free-booksFree Faithlife BooksFree Faithlife Ebooks, Logos Bible Software, Verbum, and Noet books and resources.faithlife.com
- Very exciting first volume in a new series from B&H https://vyrso.com/product/136840/the-lost-sermons-of-c-h-spurgeon-volume-i-his-earliest-outlines-and-sermons-between-1851-and-1854The Lost Sermons of C. H. Spurgeon Volume I: His Earliest Outlines and Sermons Between 1851 and 1854In 1857, Charles Spurgeon—the most popular preacher in the Victorian world—promised his readers that he would publish his earliest sermons. For almost 160 years, these sermons have been lost to history. Beginning in January 2017, B&H Academic will start releasing a multi-volume set that includes full-color facsimiles, transcriptions, contextual and biographical introductions, and editorial annotations. Written for scholars, pastors, and students alike, The Lost Sermons of C.H. Spurgeon will addvyrso.com
- I am afraid there is a typo here: “Thy creatures wrong thee, O thou sovereign Good! Thou art not loved, because not understood: This grieves me most, that vain pursuits beguile Ungrateful men, regardless of thy smile.” I think 'Good' should be God????Morning and Eveningon is hard to bear; but when no time is mentioned, all time is included. God’s “shalls” must be understood always in their largest sense. From the beginning of the year to the end of t
- Did Spurgeon say “A time will come when instead of shepherds feeding the sheep, the church will have clowns entertaining the goats.” I see it attributed to him all the time but can never find the original source.
- I once asked Stephen McCaskell (author of "Through the Eyes of C.H. Spurgeon: Quotes from a Reformed Baptist Preacher") the very same question via Facebook since I never could find the quote in any of my Logos Spurgeon collection Here was his reply: "It probably was Spurgeon's friend who was in the pulpit after his death, Archibald Brown. There is no actual proof of this or that Spurgeon was the author of the quote, but it has been attributed to Spurgeon, and so I decided not to use it [in the book]."
- Whoever did say it is spot on. This will be the uphill battle fundamental Christianity will face. We have dumb down everything including the pulpit for a few pieces of silver.
- I am not sure but it is spot on! The major issue with our faith now is entertainment preaching that has driven us to forget our relationship with God and man and see ourselves as equals to a Holy God.
- This quote is from Spurgeon's book Christ's Incarnation: The Foundation of Christianity, which is a great book to read in the days leading up to Christmas. https://app.logos.com/books/300chrsqtspryrs/media/path/christmas%20quote%20slide%203.jpg
- Reading advice from Spurgeon. This is taken from the book Flowers from a Puritan's Garden, which is Spurgeon's collection of and comments on the illustrations used by Thomas Manton.Shared from Logos Bible SoftwareThe Bible, and much more. Biblia is an online Bible study tool with dozens of Bibles for your Bible Study needs. It is a service of Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.biblia.com
- From the sermon "The Mediator—The Interpreter," on Exodus 20:18–20.Shared from Logos Bible SoftwareThe Bible, and much more. Biblia is an online Bible study tool with dozens of Bibles for your Bible Study needs. It is a service of Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.biblia.com