Welcome & Announcements
Prelude "Come, Ye Thankful People, Come" by Elvey/Raney
Flowers on the piano are given in loving memory of Erica P English, by her family.
Most High God, majestic and almighty,
our beginning and our end:
rule in our hearts
and guide us to be faithful in our daily actions,
worshiping the one who comes
as Savior and Sovereign,
and who lives and reigns with you
in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God. Amen.
"Rejoice, the Lord is King"
1. Rejoice, the Lord is King! Your Lord and King adore; mortals, give thanks and sing, and triumph evermore. Lift up your heart, lift up your voice; rejoice; again I say, rejoice.
2. Jesus the Savior reigns, the God of truth and love; when he had purged our stains, he took his seat above. Lift up your heart, lift up your voice; rejoice, again I say, rejoice.
3. His kingdom cannot fail; he rules o'er earth and heaven; the keys of earth and hell are to our Jesus given. Lift up your heart, lift up your voice; rejoice, again I say, rejoice.
4. Rejoice in glorious hope! Jesus the Judge shall come, and take his servants up to their eternal home. We soon shall hear th'archangel's voice; the trump of God shall sound, rejoice!
Church in Prayer
Shared of joys & concerns
"Allegretto" by Vicci
"Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty"
1. Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty! Early in the morning our song shall rise to thee. Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty, God in three persons, blessed Trinity!
2. Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore thee, casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea; cherubim and seraphim falling down before thee, which wert, and art, and evermore shalt be.
3. Holy, holy, holy! Though the darkness hide thee, through the eye of sinful man thy glory may not see, only thou art holy; there is none beside thee, perfect in power, in love and purity.
4. Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty! All thy works shall praise thy name, in earth and sky and sea. Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty, God in three persons, blessed Trinity.
2 Samuel 23:1-7
1These are the last words of David: "The inspired utterance of David son of Jesse, the utterance of the man exalted by the Most High, the man anointed by the God of Jacob, the hero of Israel's songs: 2"The Spirit of the LORD spoke through me; his word was on my tongue. 3The God of Israel spoke, the Rock of Israel said to me: 'When one rules over people in righteousness, when he rules in the fear of God, 4he is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings grass from the earth.' 5"If my house were not right with God, surely he would not have made with me an everlasting covenant, arranged and secured in every part; surely he would not bring to fruition my salvation and grant me my every desire. 6But evil men are all to be cast aside like thorns, which are not gathered with the hand. 7Whoever touches thorns uses a tool of iron or the shaft of a spear; they are burned up where they lie."
L: (1) The Lord reigns and is robed in majesty;
L: The Lord is robed and is girded with strength.
ALL: The Lord has established the world;
ALL: It shall never be moved.
Then I saw in the right hand of him who was seated on the throne ha scroll written within and on the back, isealed with seven seals. 2 And jI saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?” 3 And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it, 4 and I began to weep loudly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it. 5 And one of the elders said to me, “Weep no more; behold, kthe Lion lof the tribe of Judah, mthe Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.”
6 And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders I saw na Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with oseven eyes, which are pthe seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. 7 And he went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who was seated on the throne. 8 And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders qfell down before the Lamb, reach holding a harp, and sgolden bowls full of incense, twhich are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang ua new song, saying,
“Worthy are you to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
from xevery tribe and language and people and nation,
10 and you have made them ya kingdom and priests to our God,
and they shall reign on the earth.”
11 Then I looked, and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice of many angels, numbering zmyriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice,
a“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might
and honor and glory and blessing!”
13 And I heard bevery creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying,
“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”
The Authority of the Lamb
"All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name"
1. All hail the power of Jesus' name! Let angels prostrate fall, let angels prostrate fall; bring forth the royal diadem, and crown him, crown him, crown him, crown him, and crown him Lord of all.
2. Ye chosen seed of Israel's race, ye ransomed from the fall, ye ransomed from the fall, hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him, crown him, crown him, crown him, and crown him Lord of all.
3. Sinners, whose love can ne'er forget the wormwood and the gall, the wormwood and the gall, go spread your trophies at his feet, and crown him, crown him, crown him, crown him, and crown him Lord of all.
4. Let every kindred, every tribe on this terrestrial ball, on this terrestrial ball, to him all majesty ascribe, and crown him, crown him, crown him, crown him, and crown him Lord of all.
5. Crown him, ye martyrs of your God, who from his altar call, who from his altar call; extol the Stem of Jesse's Rod, and crown him, crown him, crown him, crown him, and crown him Lord of all.
6. O that with yonder sacred throng we at his feet may fall, we at this feet may fall! We'll join the everlasting song, and crown him, crown him, crown him, crown him, and crown him Lord of all.
Choral response - "Great Amen"
Postlude - "He Has Made Me Glad"