Welcome & Announcements
Lighting of the Advent Candle
God of hope, grant us the resolve to live out the anticipation of your kingdom. Grant us the strength to help others find their home with you. May the vision of our hope inspire us to celebrate in this season. Amen
"Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus"
1. Come, thou long-expected Jesus, born to set thy people free; from our fears and sins release us, let us find our rest in thee. Israel's strength and consolation, hope of all the earth thou art; dear desire of every nation, joy of every longing heart.
2. Born thy people to deliver, born a child and yet a King, born to reign in us forever, now thy gracious kingdom bring. By thine own eternal spirit rule in all our hearts alone; by thine all sufficient merit, raise us to thy glorious throne.
Church in Prayer
Shared of Joys & Concerns
"Joy To the World"
1. Joy to the world, the Lord is come! Let earth receive her King; let every heart prepare him room, and heaven and nature sing, and heaven and nature sing, and heaven, and heaven, and nature sing.
2. Joy to the world, the Savior reigns! Let all their songs employ; while fields and floods, rocks, hills, and plains repeat the sounding joy, repeat the sounding joy, repeat, repeat the sounding joy.
3. No more let sins and sorrows grow, nor thorns infest the ground; he comes to make his blessings flow far as the curse is found, far as the curse is found, far as, far as the curse is found.
4. He rules the world with truth and grace, and makes the nations prove the glories of his righteousness, and wonders of his love, and wonders of his love, and wonders, wonders of his love.
14"'The days are coming,' declares the LORD, 'when I will fulfill the good promise I made to the people of Israel and Judah. 15"'In those days and at that time I will make a righteous Branch sprout from David's line; he will do what is just and right in the land. 16In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will live in safety. This is the name by which it will be called: The LORD Our Righteous Savior.'
L: (1) To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
ALL: (2) O my God, in you I trust,
ALL: Let me not be put to shame;
ALL: Let not my enemies exult over me.
L: (3) Let none that wait for you be put to shame;
ALL: Let them be ashamed who are clothed with treachery.
9When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign LORD, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?" 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been. 12I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. 15Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?"
The Trial of Hope
"O Come, All Ye Faithful"
1. O come, all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant, O come ye, O come ye, to Bethlehem. Come and behold him, born the King of angels; O come, let us adore him, O Come, let us adore him, O come, let us adore him, Christ the Lord.
2. True God of true God, Light from Light Eternal, lo, he shuns not the Virgin's womb; Glory to God, Son of the Father, begotten, not created; O come, let us adore him, O Come, let us adore him, O come, let us adore him, Christ the Lord.
3. Sing, choir of angels, sing in exultation; O sing, all ye citizens of heaven above! Glory to God, all glory in the highest; O come, let us adore him, O Come, let us adore him, O come, let us adore him, Christ the Lord.
Choral Response "Great Amen"
End of Service
AD Board Meeting - Monday November 29th 7pm