Welcome & Announcements
Prelude "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross"
in whom we know the power of redemption,
you stand among us in the shadows of our time.
As we move through every sorrow and trial of this life,
uphold us with knowledge of the final morning
when, in the glorious presence of your risen Son,
we will share in his resurrection,
redeemed and restored to the fullness of life
and forever freed to be your people. Amen.
1. I serve a risen Savior, he's in the world today; I know that he is living, whatever foes may say. I see his hand of mercy, I hear his voice of cheer, and just the time I need him, he's always near. He lives, (he lives) he lives, (he lives) Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way. He lives, (he lives) he lives, (he lives) salvation to impart! You ask me how I know he lives? He lives within my heart.
2. In all the world around me I see his loving care, and though my heart grows weary, I never will despair. I know that he is leading through all the stormy blast; the day of his appearing will come at last. He lives, (he lives) he lives, (he lives) Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way. He lives, (he lives) he lives, (he lives) salvation to impart! You ask me how I know he lives? He lives within my heart.
3. Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian, lift up your voice and sing eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King! The hope of all who seek him, the help of all who find; none other is so loving, so good and kind. He lives, (he lives) he lives, (he lives) Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way. He lives, (he lives) he lives, (he lives) salvation to impart! You ask me how I know he lives? He lives within my heart.
Church in Prayer
Shared of Joys & Concerns
Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.
Rev Ron Little
Living with Cancer
Rev Ron Davis - Gospel Hill
Roberta Stanton - Barbs sister
Mike & Nancy Mahon
Music by Susan George
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow; Praise Him, all creatures here below; Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host; Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!
"Come, Christians, Join to Sing"
1. Come, Christians, join to sing: Alleluia! Amen! loud praise to Christ our King: Alleluia! Amen! Let all, with heart and voice, before his throne rejoice; praise is his gracious choice. Alleluia! Amen!
2. Come, lift your hearts on high: Alleluia! Amen! Let praises fill the sky: Alleluia! Amen! He is our guide and friend; to us he'll condescend; his love shall never end: Alleluia! Amen!
3. Praise yet the Lord again: Alleluia! Amen! Life shall not end the strain: Alleluia! Amen! On heaven's blissful shore his goodness we'll adore, singing forevermore: Alleluia! Amen!
"Every Morning Is Easter Morning"
27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council. And the high priest asked them, 28 saying, “Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name? And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this Man’s blood on us!”
29 But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We ought to obey God rather than men. 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree. 31 Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”
L: (1) Praise the Lord!
L: Praise God in his sanctuary;
ALL: Praise God in his mighty firmament!
L: (2) Praise God for his mighty deeds;
ALL: Praise God for his exceeding greatness!
L: (3) Praise God with trumpet sound;
ALL: Praise God with lute and harp!
Jesus Appears to the Disciples
19 When it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and the doors of the house where the disciples had met were locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord. 21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” 22 When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”
Jesus and Thomas
24 But Thomas (who was called the Twin[a]), one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord.” But he said to them, “Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands, and put my finger in the mark of the nails and my hand in his side, I will not believe.”
26 A week later his disciples were again in the house, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were shut, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it in my side. Do not doubt but believe.” 28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” 29 Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe.”
The Purpose of This Book
30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book. 31 But these are written so that you may come to believe[b] that Jesus is the Messiah,[c] the Son of God, and that through believing you may have life in his name.
"Because He Lives"
1. God sent his Son, they called him Jesus; he came to love, heal, and forgive; he lived and died to buy my pardon, an empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives. Because he lives, I can face tomorrow; because he lives, all fear is gone; because I know he holds the future, and life is worth the living just because he lives.
2. How sweet to hold a newborn baby, and feel the pride and joy he [Jesus] gives; but greater still the calm assurance, this child can face uncertain days because he lives. Because he lives, I can face tomorrow; because he lives, all fear is gone; because I know he holds the future, and life is worth the living just because he lives.
3. And then one day I'll cross the river; I'll fight life's final war with pain; and then as death gives way to victory, I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know he reigns. Because he lives, I can face tomorrow; because he lives, all fear is gone; because I know he holds the future, and life is worth the living just because he lives.
Choral Response "Great Amen"
End of Service
Penny Sunday will be May 8th. Bring those pennies
(or quarters, nickels, dimes, twenties ;) and have
them ready for the kiddos. All Penny Sunday offering
goes to support our missionaries, the Mahons, in Peru.
Let's Celebrate Our Mothers!
Bring in pictures of your mother, please include their name,
along with yours. We will be displaying them in the Narthex.
We all know mothers never have their own pictures, so grandparents, help those grandkids with pictures of their
Please have the into Margaret or the office by May 1st so
they will be ready for Mothers Day Sunday, May 8th.
Send Ellen Some Love!
Select Speciality Hospital
℅ Ellen McClain
2000 Tamarack Rd
Newark, Ohio 43055