Welcome and Annoncements
O sovereign and almighty Lord, bless all your people and all flock. Give peace, help, and love to us, your servants the sheep of your fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love, one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in your divine and boundless love; for the sake of Jesus Christ, the great Shepherd of the sheep. Amen.
"I Stand Amazed in the Presence"
1. I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene, and wonder how he could love me, a sinner, condemned, unclean. How marvelous! (O how marvelous!) How wonderful! (O how wonderful!) And my song shall ever be: How marvelous! (O how marvelous) How wonderful (O how wonderful) is my Savior's love for me!
2. For me it was in the garden he prayed: "Not my will, but thine." He had no tears for his own griefs, but sweat-drops of blood for mine. How marvelous! (O how marvelous!) How wonderful! (O how wonderful!) And my song shall ever be: How marvelous! (O how marvelous) How wonderful (O how wonderful) is my Savior's love for me!
3. In pity angels beheld him, and came from the world of light to comfort him in the sorrows he bore for my soul that night. How marvelous! (O how marvelous!) How wonderful! (O how wonderful!) And my song shall ever be: How marvelous! (O how marvelous) How wonderful (O how wonderful) is my Savior's love for me!
4. He took my sins and my sorrows, he made them his very own; he bore the burden to Calvary, and suffered and died alone. How marvelous! (O how marvelous!) How wonderful! (O how wonderful!) And my song shall ever be: How marvelous! (O how marvelous) How wonderful (O how wonderful) is my Savior's love for me!
5. When with the ransomed in glory his face I at last shall see,' twill be my joy through the ages to sing of his love for me. How marvelous! (O how marvelous!) How wonderful! (O how wonderful!) And my song shall ever be: How marvelous! (O how marvelous) How wonderful (O how wonderful) is my Savior's love for me!
Church in Prayer
Shared of Joys and Concerns
Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow; Praise Him, all creatures here below; Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host; Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!
"Great Is Thy Faithfulness"
1. Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father; there is no shadow of turning with thee; thou changest not, thy compassions, they fail not; as thou hast been, thou forever wilt be. Great is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see; all I have needed thy hand hath provided; great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
2. Summer and winter and springtime and harvest, sun, moon, and stars in their courses above join with all nature in manifold witness to thy great faithfulness, mercy, and love. Great is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see; all I have needed thy hand hath provided; great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
3. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth, thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide; strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside! Great is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see; all I have needed thy hand hath provided; great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
"I Can't Keep Quiet About My Lord"
"Somebodys Knocking at Your Door"
36 In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (in Greek her name is Dorcas); she was always doing good and helping the poor. 37 About that time she became sick and died, and her body was washed and placed in an upstairs room. 38 Lydda was near Joppa; so when the disciples heard that Peter was in Lydda, they sent two men to him and urged him, “Please come at once!”
39 Peter went with them, and when he arrived he was taken upstairs to the room. All the widows stood around him, crying and showing him the robes and other clothing that Dorcas had made while she was still with them.
40 Peter sent them all out of the room; then he got down on his knees and prayed. Turning toward the dead woman, he said, “Tabitha, get up.” She opened her eyes, and seeing Peter she sat up. 41 He took her by the hand and helped her to her feet. Then he called for the believers, especially the widows, and presented her to them alive. 42 This became known all over Joppa, and many people believed in the Lord. 43 Peter stayed in Joppa for some time with a tanner named Simon.
L: My heart is not proud, Lord,
L: my eyes are not haughty;
ALL: I do not concern myself with great matters
ALL: or things too wonderful for me.
L: But I have calmed and quieted myself,
ALL: I am like a weaned child with its mother;
ALL: like a weaned child I am content.
L: Israel, put your hope in the Lord
ALL: both now and forevermore.
Doing Good for the Sake of the Gospel
2 You, however, must teach what is appropriate to sound doctrine. 2 Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance.
3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
6 Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled. 7 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness 8 and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
9 Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, 10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.
11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.
Iron Sharpens Iron
"God of Grace and God of Glory"
1. God of grace and God of glory, on thy people pour thy power; crown thine ancient church's story; bring her bud to glorious flower. Grant us wisdom, grant us courage, for the facing of this hour, (of this hour) for the facing of this hour.
2. Lo! the hosts of evil round us scorn thy Christ, assail his ways! Fears and doubts too long have bound us; free our hearts to work and praise. Grant us wisdom, grant us courage, for the living of these days, (of these days) for the living of these days.
3. Cure thy children's warring madness, bend our pride to thy control; shame our wanton, selfish gladness, rich in things and poor in soul. Grant us wisdom, grant us courage, lest we miss thy kingdom's goal, (kingdom's goal) lest we miss thy kingdom's goal.
4. Save us from weak resignation to the evils we deplore; let the search for thy salvation be our glory evermore. Grant us wisdom, grant us courage, serving thee whom we adore, (we adore) serving thee whom we adore.
Choral response "Great Amen"
Education Meeting - Monday, May 9th at 6pm
Ad Board Meeting - Monday, May 9th at 7pm
- Don’t forget, if you purchased Chicken Dinner tickets, pick up is Saturday, May 14th between 5-6:30pm
- Thank you to everyone that purchased tickets and supported the kids VBS!
- Date reminder - June 13-17
- Anyone interested in helping with VBS, please see Betty!
- We are in special need of someone to teach the Bible Class at VBS. Please see Betty if you are interested.
We are in need of 6 dozen cookies for the RV Bach Service
on May 22nd. Anyone interested please see Pastor Wes.
Anyone wanting to recognize graduates for the class of 2022, please have the following information into the office, by May 25th for recognition on June 5th:
- School they are graduating from
- After school plans
- Parents/grandparents of graduate