Craig A. Evans
Author • 1 member • 320 followers
About this group
John Bisagno Distinguished Professor of Christian Origins at Houston Baptist University in Texas.Follow
- Watch Archaeology & Jesus with Your Church for Free! - LogosTalkFor years, skeptical scholars claimed that the gospel accounts of Jesus’ burial could not be trusted. Why? For one, claimed the skeptics, Roman authorities would never allow a victim of crucifixion to receive the honorific burial described by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Instead, crucifixion victims were literally thrown to the dogs, their bodies tossed …blog.logos.com
- Where is the Ask Us Anything post on the discussion of Fragments of Truth you posted about on Facebook? It says to come here, but I don't see anything.
- Dr. Evans, I have just started NT146 and loved not just the points you made regarding the The Religious and Cultural Background in the Time of Jesus; I very much look forward to your other Mobile Ed Courses.
- Regarding to Luke 15:8-10, the lost coin parable, it came to my mind whether the verses 1-7 refer to Jews (lost sheep) and 8-10 to gentiles (Greek coins). I tried to search Logos and Internet, but could not find any good answer.
- Save 30% all Mobile Ed courses from Bryan Chapell, Craig Evans, Craig Keener, John Walton, Mark Futato, Michael Heiser, Steve Runge, and Tremper Longman! https://www.logos.com/lmm-3030% off Logos March Madness AuthorsBible study software that connects your life to the Word—Logos 7 helps you explore and understand the Bible with tools for Mac, PC, mobile devices, and the Web.www.logos.com