Author • 1 member • 181 followers
About this group
- I'd like to know why the word nimrod is used when referring to someone who is: "3 not cap slang: IDIOT, JERK " according to Merriam-Webster’s collegiate dictionary.
- New article on the Theology and Character of the late Prof. John Webster.John Webster (1955–2016): Surveying a Man and His Métierwww.lexhampress.com
- The theme of doubt leading to awakening can be traced throughout Scripture in the lives of many heroes of the faith: Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Gideon, Job, Jeremiah, Peter and Thomas, just to name a few. Jesus invited the disciples to come and see, no matter how skeptical they may have been (see Nathanael). Only the apathetic have no hope of awakening, and as the name implies, they don't care anyway. Doubters care enough to inquire and God invites inspection. Excellent post Dan!
- The first volume of John Webster's sermons can be found at https://www.logos.com/product/49004/confronted-by-grace-meditations-of-a-theologianConfronted by Grace: Meditations of a TheologianWhen facing the deep realities of the human condition, we often turn to Scripture and the power of the gospel. It confronts us with the truth of God’s grace. This rich collection of thoughtful sermons from one of the leading contemporary theologians is challenging, stimulating, and inspiring. These reflections, born from years of theological and biblical study, demonstrate the complexity of the realities we face in the Christian life and the depth of the grace of God. Superbly written and thoroughly accessible, Confronted by Grace points us toward Christ so that we may grow in our understanding of the truth of the gospel.www.logos.com
- My doctoral supervisor, The Revd Professor John Bainbridge Webster died suddenly on Wednesday. We had just had an email exchange on Tuesday and were working on another volume of his sermons. The below tribute was published in ChristianityToday by Dr. Steven Homes (St. Andrews). http://www.christiantoday.com/article/john.webster.dies.at.60.tribute.to.a.leading.theologian.of.his.day/86908.htmJohn Webster dies at 60: Tribute to a leading theologian of his daySteve Holmes remembers a giant of theology who has passed away at the age of 60www.christiantoday.com
- I just opened a Facebook page dedicated to my books and writing ministry. If you'd like to join it, then please "LIKE" the below link.Dr. Daniel BushDr. Daniel Bush. 16 likes · 5 talking about this. Authorwww.facebook.com
- Kirkdale Press's editors and marketing team met last week to talk about the cover design for UNDEFENDED with their design team. I'm wondering what they're going to come up with, aren't you? What do you think they will do with the cover?
- If you own a business, you are well aware of the value of expanding. You've almost certainly heard the term "growth marketing" - https://www.mighty.digital/services/growth-marketing .However, what is it and why do you require it? We'll define growth marketing and explain why it's vital for businesses of all sizes in this blog piece. Additionally, we'll discuss the various types of growth marketing techniques and how you can use them to help your business expand!
- It is God alone who is in control and we must seek Him in all things and times. We do this in prayer, meditation and reading the Bible. Staying connected to the power source.
- Kirkdale Press has just released the title for my forthcoming book: "Undefended: Pursuing Authentic Gospel Spirituality." Thank you, Team Kirkdale! (Below image is a cover placeholder.)