About this group
Proclaiming God's Truth in the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- We'll be meeting again tonight at 7 p.m. (via Google Meet) to meditate on Scripture and share one another's needs. The Scripture we'll be looking at is 1 John 4:7-21. Be on the lookout for the link to join a few minutes before the meeting.
- Hello church, I have a prayer request, there is a lot going on with us now. As many of you know my wife sister is terminal ill ,we had to come to Chicago to be with her, leaving my wife mother also ill. So is been tough for my wife and for me . And top of that dealing with COVID-19 . This morning we were informed that in my Son workplace 2 people are infected one is fighting his life, and a third person showing symptoms, so that kind of put us in a tough position , we were planning to stay in Chicago as much as we could, but now we have to make a decision .my son is alone he is healthy now. But he’s been exposed. So now there’s another thing to worry about it, And just to add another thing my neighbor called me this morning that last night someone tried to break into my house. So I just thought to share this with my church family an for your prayers. Thanks and God bless you’ll.
- “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. The Lord works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed. He made known his ways to Moses, his acts to the people of Israel. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.” Psalms 103:1-8
- “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident. One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.” Psalms 27:1-4 ESV
- "Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:11-13 is such a powerful statement about the constancy of Christ's provision. It is a Scripture that is perfectly applicable no matter what the situation, no matter how minor or how severe, how isolated or far-reaching. It is a powerful reminder that in every situation (emphasis on "every"), it is Christ that gives us strength and grace for the moment. When we think about Christ as provider, we must not only think of his provision for what is needed for the body, but his daily provision of grace, strength, and contentment. These are, at times, more necessary than others. And it is truly only Christ who provides them.
- Here's a "behind the scenes" photo from last Sunday's live stream. As you can see, we tidied up everything in front of the camera and disregarded the rest.