About this group
Loving Christ! - Loving Others!Follow
- To register to volunteer at our Bible Day Camp, please click on the link below & complete the form. Thank you!Custom Forms - Eatonville Baptist Church - Faithlifeflshare.net
- Judy Nicholls is in Centralia Providence hospital. Her surgery has been delayed because she has been on blood thinner so she is in much pain. Please keep her in your prayers.
- Pray for our dear sister Judy Nicholls. She fell on her treadmill this morning and broke her hip. She is in the ER and will need surgery.
- Please pray for the family of Marie Boettcher. She passed away last night at home.
- In an effort to help with the following situation, there will be a box for any formula donations in the EBC foyer beginning tomorrow, Friday, May 20. Dear Eatonville Baptist Church, If you've been following the news, you've likely seen how the formula shortage is impacting the women and families in our communities. It is heartbreaking to read the stories of moms and dads who, in desperation, visit store after store looking for formula to feed their little ones. We know your hearts break with us. When the news broke, we at Care Net knew we needed to ensure these moms and families knew about this ministry and the support we have to offer. This past Friday we put out a post on social media sharing that we have formula available, and the post went viral! As of today, it's reached over 55,000 people. Then, just yesterday, King5 news put out an article directing women in need of formula to contact Care Net of Puget Sound. The calls and texts from families in need have been flooding in. We are praising God for this opportunity to serve women and the visibility this is bringing to the work of God's people at Care Net! Every day we are providing one-time emergency formula assistance to women and families. We have limited quantities of formula that we are distributing on a first come, first served basis. We will distribute all we have and serve as many parents as possible! However, we need your support. Here are three ways you can help: 1. Pray! Pray God will allow us to serve as many women and families as possible! Pray God will do a "loaves and fishes" miracle allowing our formula supplies to stretch further than we ever imagined! Pray the women and families who enter our centers would feel the love of Christ enter their desperate situations. 2. Consider donating formula to your local Care Net center. If your church family has been looking for a way to help moms and families during the formula crisis, this could be your opportunity! Is God calling your church to have a formula drive? We know the formula available in stores is limited, but if you bring or mail it to Care Net, we will make sure it gets into the hands of women who need it! You can find our center hours and locations on our website here. 3. Consider making a financial donation here to help us provide formula and other pregnancy family services to our communities. This is not the first time God has called us to rise up and serve in times of crisis and we know it won't be the last. Your partnership makes it possible to offer ongoing, compassionate care and Christ-like love to women in need. Even amid these turbulent times, we are resting in the knowledge that our God is in control. He is not surprised, and we know He will use all of this to make His name great in the Puget Sound area! Thank you for partnering with us in serving the Puget Sound area! In His service, Dave Mitchell Executive Director Care Net of Puget Sound
- Please join us in Honoring Pastor Dan & Theresa Hoffman for their legacy of service. Saturday, June 25 BBQ begins at 12:00pm Please bring a side dish to share & your stories of Dan & Theresa that you would be willing share. Sign up in the EBC foyer to attend & to help with other needs. For more information please contact Katie Bieker at 253-355-1941 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Just a reminder that the Jr. High Youth Group will be meeting tomorrow night, Friday May 20.
- This week we have 2 Catechism questions again - #46 What is the Lord's Supper? Answer - Christ commanded all Christians to eat bread and to drink from the cup in thankful remembrance of Him and His death. The Lord's Supper is a celebration of the presence of God in our midst; bringing us into communion with God and with one another; feeding and nourishing our souls. It also anticipates the day when we will eat and drink with Christ in His Father's kingdom. Short Answer Christ commanded all Christians to eat bread and to drink from the cup in thankful remembrance of Him. Scripture 1 Corinthians 11:23-26 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when He was betrayed took bread, and when He had given thanks, He broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." In the same way He also He took the cup, after supper saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me" For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until He comes." #47 Does the Lord's Supper add anything to Christ's atoning work? Answer No, Christ died once for all. The Lord's Supper is a covenant meal celebrating Christ's atoning work; as it is also a means of strengthening our faith as we look to Him, and a foretaste of the future feast. but those who take part with unrepentant hearts eat and drink judgment on themselves. Short Answer No, Christ died once for all. Scripture 1 Peter 3:18 "For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring us to God."
- We received an newsletter from the Holritz's. If you would like to read it, it is posted on the Missionary bulletin board in the EBC hallway.
- Beloved: After much prayer and hours of discussion and review, the Elders have finalized a job description for Senior Pastor. Please be in prayer concerning our search for a new pastor and join us each Sunday morning between 9:00am and 9:50am, in Room 6, as we pray together for God’s leading and help in this time of need. Please also feel free to share the job description with others. You can find the description on our website under job openings at EatonvilleBaptistChurch.org. May Christ bless our efforts! The EldersHome | Eatonville Baptist ChurchLoving Christ! - Loving Others!eatonvillebaptistchurch.org