Welcome to our Weekly Newsletter!
In this newsletter you will find our daily prayer guide, an outline for our upcoming sermon, sermon follow up questions, news, and more! Is there something that you'd like to share in an upcoming newsletter? Contact Megan at 308-832-1574 or firstname.lastname@example.org with requests.
Please Connect with Us!
In order to make contact and connection easier, please be sure to update your Faithlife account with your name, a photo, and any contact info that you'd like to share! Faithlife can serve as a Facebook-type connection point, but with the safety of a private group.
This Week ...
Sermon Series: Our New Identity in Christ (Romans 6-8)
Theme verse: 2 Corinthians 5:17: "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold the new has come."
Sermon Follow Up
Unashamed Youth Kickoff
Our Unashamed Youth Ministry will once again be meeting weekly from 6:30-8:15pm at The Windmill. Students should wear a mask and bring a water bottle!
The 2020/21 AWANA year begins THIS Wednesday, September 16th online. If you still need to sign up, please contact the office.
Our MOPS group is back and meets TONIGHT from 7-9pm in the west wing! Moms are encouraged to join us for a time of fun and fellowship! Masks are strongly encouraged. Childcare will not be provided at this time. Stay tuned to the Minden MOPS Facebook page for up to date info on meetings!
"Idol Lies" Bible Study
Lisa Levis & Sandra Nevitt will be leading a group through Dee Brestin's "Idol Lies" study beginning on September 20th at 6pm. Please contact the office to sign up!
- Join us during our weekly prayer times at the church: Wednesdays at 7am and Sundays at 5pm.
- Send us your prayer requests via email to email@example.com or call them in at 308-832-1574.
- Post prayer requests on the MEFC Faithlife group page!
Groups Meeting at the Church
Please remember to check in with the office when planning for groups to meet in the church building so we can put you on the calendar. We have had several instances recently where more than one group planned to use the same room. We want to accommodate everyone as best we may, but planning ahead is key!
Sunday Service Changes
We want to thank you again for your patience and understanding as we navigate these uncertain waters.
1. We will offer two worship services which will be held at 9:30am and 11:00am. The 8:30am service will no longer meet.
2. We ask that those attending the 9:30am service would please exit the building quickly so that we may disinfect and prepare for the second service. This applies to the main sanctuary, overflow seating, bathrooms, and common areas.
3. We strongly recommend wearing a mask for the safety of those around you. If you are in the hallway or foyer after 10:40am a mask will be required.
4. Some Bible Fellowship groups may resume meeting in the building. Please contact your leader for more information. If you are not part of a group and desire to join one, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-832-1574.
5. Check in will begin at 10:45am for Sunday School classes that will meet during the 11:00am service. Masks will be required if social distancing cannot be maintained, so please have one available for your child. Please watch for more information from Pastor Lige on the changes to our children’s ministry!
If we all work together we can provide a safe and comfortable experience for our entire faith family! Thank you for your cooperation. Any questions or concerns may be directed to the church office at email@example.com or 308-832-1574.
Minden Little Free Pantry
The Minden Little Free Pantry is located on the east side of the old IGA parking lot on N. Nebraska Avenue. It is filling a crucial need during the uncertain times caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Nonperishable food items, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, and pet food are available to those in need 24 hours a day. If you have a need, please stop by and help yourself. Likewise, if you are able to help keep the pantry stocked by donating items, please also do so!
We thank you for your faithful support of the ministry of the Minden Evangelical Free Church. We offer the following additional methods of giving:
- Give online via our website at Mindenefree.com. You can access the direct link to the Giving function HERE.
- You can utilize our new Text to Give function! Simply text the word "Give" plus your chosen amount ("Give 10" or "Give 100", for example) to 531-300-2255. You will receive a text with step by step instructions to set up your first gift, and all subsequent text to give tithes will automatically be given to our general fund.
- You may mail physical tithes to the church at the following address:
Minden E-Free Church
1310 W. 1st Street
Minden, NE 68959
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-832-1574.