Welcome to our Weekly Newsletter!
In this newsletter you will find an outline for our upcoming sermon, sermon follow up questions, news, and more! Is there something that you'd like to share in an upcoming newsletter? Contact Megan at 308-832-1574 or firstname.lastname@example.org with requests.
Please Connect with Us!
In order to make contact and connection easier, please be sure to update your Faithlife account with your name, a photo, and any contact info that you'd like to share! Faithlife can serve as a Facebook-type connection point, but with the safety of a private group.
Daily Prayer Guide
We are called to pray for each other daily, and MEFC provides opportunities to help you keep yourself organized and accountable! Pick up a physical Daily Prayer Guide from the pamphlet display in the foyer, or sign up for our Daily Prayer Guide text service by contacting the office! Praying for one another is a priceless gift!
Let's celebrate one another! A monthly list of MEFC birthdays and anniversaries can be found on the bulletin board in the foyer. Is your special day missing from our list? Contact Megan in the office so we can update your information!
Sermon Follow Up
Cradle Roll Room
For the privacy and comfort of our nursing moms, the cradle roll room will now be limited to use by women only. Dads needing to change diapers may use the changing tables located in the restrooms. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
ZMP Fun Run, Pancake Feed, & Silent Auction!
On Oct 24th, the Zambian Mission Project will be holding our First Annual ZMP Fun Run to raise money for our ZMP Orphan Care Center in Zambia. We will also have a safe, socially distanced Pancake Feed and Silent Auction as part of the festivities! Please, make plans to join us for a fun morning and in support of our ministry to orphans and at risk children in Zambia!
8 am – Run registration, Pancake Feed and Silent Auction start time
9 am – Fun Run begins!
The 5K fun run (route map) will start and finish at the Minden Evangelical Free Church. There will be fun obstacles and things to do as part of the run!
All proceeds will go to support the ZMP Orphan Care Center.
To pre-register, or to order a cool “Fun Run T-Shirt”, go HERE!
(Please, note that you will be able to register at the Fun Run but need to pre-register to guarantee you get the right size shirt.)
Our Unashamed Youth Ministry is once again meeting weekly from 6:30-8:15pm at The Windmill. Students should wear a mask and bring a water bottle!
EXCITING AWANA UPDATE!
The 2020/21 AWANA year is on! We will now be meeting in person on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30pm here at the church. If you still need to sign up, bring your child in on Wednesday and a leader will get them set up!
Our MOPS group is back! Moms are encouraged to join us for a time of fun and fellowship! Masks are strongly encouraged. Childcare will not be provided at this time. Stay tuned to the Minden MOPS Facebook page for up to date info on meetings!
Sunday Morning Hospitality
The Hospitality Team will now be serving coffee and water in the multipurpose room between services. Please join us!
"Idol Lies" Bible Study
Join us for Dee Brestin's "Idol Lies" book, video, and discussion study Sunday evenings at 6pm! Enter the west wing through the single, south facing door. Drop in any Sunday night, or come every week! Call Sandi at 308-222-0498 with any questions!
- Join us during our weekly prayer times at the church: Wednesdays at 7am and Sundays at 5pm.
- Send us your prayer requests via email to email@example.com or call them in at 308-832-1574.
- Post prayer requests on the MEFC Faithlife group page!
Groups Meeting at the Church
Please remember to check in with the office when planning for groups to meet in the church building so we can put you on the calendar. We have had several instances recently where more than one group planned to use the same room. We want to accommodate everyone as best we may, but planning ahead is key!
Our lost and found basket is getting full! We also have many dishes and other items left behind in the kitchen. Please check both areas for items that may belong to you or your family. All items still remaining in lost and found on October 19th will be donated to The Closet.
Sunday Service Changes
We want to thank you again for your patience and understanding as we navigate these uncertain waters.
1. We will offer two worship services which will be held at 9:30am and 11:00am.
2. We ask that those attending the 9:30am service would please exit the building quickly so that we may prepare for the second service. This applies to the main sanctuary, overflow seating, bathrooms, and common areas.
3. We recommend wearing a mask for the safety of those around you.
4. Some Bible Fellowship groups may resume meeting in the building. Please contact your leader for more information. If you are not part of a group and desire to join one, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-832-1574.
5. Check in will begin at 10:45am for Sunday School classes that will meet during the 11:00am service. Masks will be required if social distancing cannot be maintained, so please have one available for your child.
If we all work together we can provide a safe and comfortable experience for our entire faith family! Thank you for your cooperation. Any questions or concerns may be directed to the church office at email@example.com or 308-832-1574.
Minden Little Free Pantry
The Minden Little Free Pantry is located on the east side of the old IGA parking lot on N. Nebraska Avenue. It is filling a crucial need during the uncertain times caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Nonperishable food items, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, and pet food are available to those in need 24 hours a day. If you have a need, please stop by and help yourself. Likewise, if you are able to help keep the pantry stocked by donating items, please also do so!
We thank you for your faithful support of the ministry of the Minden Evangelical Free Church. We offer the following additional methods of giving:
- Give online via our website at Mindenefree.com. You can access the direct link to the Giving function HERE.
- You can utilize our new Text to Give function! Simply text the word "Give" plus your chosen amount ("Give 10" or "Give 100", for example) to 531-300-2255. You will receive a text with step by step instructions to set up your first gift, and all subsequent text to give tithes will automatically be given to our general fund.
- You may mail physical tithes to the church at the following address:
Minden E-Free Church
1310 W. 1st Street
Minden, NE 68959
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-832-1574.