[Prelude and Announcements]
Silent Prayer and Piano Response
- Call to Worship — Psalm 147:1
- Opening Prayer and Gloria Patri
- Hymn #59, “Forever Settled in the Heavens”
Reading of Holy Scripture: Ephesians 2:11-22 (p. 1,013)
The Apostle’s Creed (p. 784)
Heidelberg Catechism: Lord’s Day 31, Questions 83-85 (p. 870)
The Lord’s Prayer (p. 784)
- Hymn #347, “The Church’s One Foundation”
Reading of Holy Scripture: Haggai 2:10-23 (p. 816)
Sermon: “What a Difference a Day Makes”
Mr. Carl Gobelman
Presentation of Offerings (Offering plate will be available in foyer)
- Hymn #370, “Revive They Work, O Lord”
- Closing Prayer and Doxology
- Congregation please stand as able
Prayer Requests: Anna Griess (Kathy Douglas’ mother), Cheryl Cloet, Leoma Sisel, Arnie Boehler; Jeanine Fehr; Mercy Street Reformed Church (Denver); Omaha Reformed Church; Westminster Biblical Missions; Compassion Kenya; MERF; Reformed Faith & Life; Reformed churches in Kenya, Congo, and the Philippines; Philippine Student Seminary
Announcements: If you have any announcements for the Sunday bulletin, please call Pastor Gobelman, (847) 989-4676.
- Next Sunday, August 9, 2020, we will begin a brand new sermon series through the Gospel of John entitled, “Jesus Christ, Son of God and Savior”
- Next Sunday, August 9, 2020, we will continue our Bible study through Paul’s letter to the Romans in adult Sunday school
- ERC Ladies Bible Study will meet the first Wednesday of each month beginning on August 5 @ 1:00pm. We will begin a study through the book of Genesis. We’ll be using study guides from Crossway’s Knowing the Bible series. Books will be $5.99 ea.
- ERC will be hosting a Youth Fellowship at the parsonage on Wednesday, August 5, 2020 @ 7:30pm. All youth are invited and encouraged to invite their friends for a night of games & pizza.
- Rev. Lee Johnson (Lincoln, NE) will lead worship and administer the Lord’s Supper on Sunday, August 23, 2020. Fellowship meal to follow worship service.
- ERC will be resuming Family Bible Study starting on Sunday, September 6, 2020 @ 7:00pm (1st & 3rd Sundays). We will begin a study through the book of Revelation. This would be a great opportunity to invite people to attend!