[Prelude and Announcements]
Silent Prayer and Piano Response
- Call to Worship — Psalm 34:1-4
- Opening Prayer and Gloria Patri
- Hymn #21, “Sing Praise to the Lord!”
Reading of Holy Scripture: Psalm 69 (p. 502)
Psalter Reading — Psalm 4 (p. 786)
Heidelberg Catechism: Lord’s Day 44, Questions 113-115 (p. 872)
Congregational Prayer & Lord’s Prayer
- Hymn #181, “We Come, O Christ, to You”
Reading of Holy Scripture: John 2:12-22 (p. 919)
Sermon: “The Temple of His Body”
Pastor Carl Gobelman
Presentation of Offerings (Offering plate will be available in foyer)
- Hymn #347, “The Church’s One Foundation”
- Closing Prayer and Doxology
- Congregation please stand as able
This Week: November 1, Sunday School — 9:30 am; Worship — 10:30 am; Family Bible Study — 7:00 pm
Next Week: November 8, Sunday School — 9:30 am; Worship — 10:30 am
Sutton Community Home: Myrna Ulmer, Verly Hofmann, Leoma Sisel; Kearney Veteran’s Home: Johnny Griess; Henderson Care Center: Jeanine Fehr
Prayer Requests: Marsha Hendrikus (lump in throat, Bev Ochsner’s sister), Cheryl Cloet (back), Leola Nuss & Nuss Family (death of Tom Nuss), Leoma Sisel, Arnie Boehler; Jeannine Fehr; Mercy Street Reformed Church (Denver); Omaha Reformed Church; Westminster Biblical Missions; Compassion Kenya; MERF; Reformed Faith & Life; Reformed churches in Kenya, Congo, and the Philippines; Philippine Student Seminary
Announcements: If you have any announcements for the Sunday bulletin, please call Pastor Gobelman, (847) 989-4676.
- This Wednesday, November 4, 2020 @ 1:00PM in the church basement the ERC Ladies Bible Study will meet. We will continue our study through the Book of Genesis using the Crossway Knowing the Bible study guide (chapter 5).
- This Wednesday, November 4, 2020 @ 7:00PM at the parsonage the ERC Youth Fellowship will meet. Invite your friends!
- Next Sunday, November 8, 2020 we will continue our Sunday School Bible study through the Book of Romans. The text we will study is Romans 6:1-14.
- Next Sunday, November 8, 2020 we will continue our sermon series through the Gospel of John. Sermon text: John 2:23-25
- The next Family Bible Study will be on Sunday, November 15, 2020 @ 7:00PM. We will continue our study through the Book of Revelation as we look at Revelation 2:12-17.
- Pastor and Linda Gobelman will be away on vacation on Sunday, November 29, 2020.
- Catch up on past sermons & Bible study lessons at our SermonAudio website: https://www.sermonaudio.com/solo/emmanuelreformed
Offering & Attendance: October 25, 2020
General Fund — $1,375.00
MERF — $15.00
Attendance — 38, Communicant Members — 37
Offering Today: General Fund & Synod/Classis
Next Week: General Fund & Philippine Student Seminary