[Prelude and Announcements]
Silent Prayer and Piano Response
- Call to Worship — Psalm 48:1-3
- Opening Prayer and Gloria Patri
- Hymn #12, “Exalt the Lord, His Praise Proclaim”
Reading of Holy Scripture: Psalm 139
Confession of Faith — Apostles’ Creed (p. Bulletin Insert)
Heidelberg Catechism: Lord’s Day 45, Questions 116-119 (p. 873)
Congregational Prayer & Lord’s Prayer
- Hymn #235, “All Glory, Laud, and Honor”
Reading of Holy Scripture: John 2:23-25
Sermon: “The Discerner of Hearts”
Pastor Carl Gobelman
Presentation of Offerings (Offering plate will be available in foyer)
- Hymn #672, “Trust and Obey”
- Closing Prayer and Doxology
- Congregation please stand as able
This Week: November 8, Sunday School — 9:30 am; Worship — 10:30 am
Next Week: November 15, Sunday School — 9:30 am; Worship — 10:30 am; Family Bible Study — 7:00 pm
Sutton Community Home: Myrna Ulmer, Verly Hofmann, Leoma Sisel; Kearney Veteran’s Home: Johnny Griess; Henderson Care Center: Jeanine Fehr
Prayer Requests: Marsha Hendrikus (lump in throat, Bev Ochsner’s sister), Cheryl Cloet (back), Leola Nuss & Nuss Family (death of Tom Nuss), Leoma Sisel, Arnie Boehler; Jeannine Fehr; Mercy Street Reformed Church (Denver); Omaha Reformed Church; Westminster Biblical Missions; Compassion Kenya; MERF; Reformed Faith & Life; Reformed churches in Kenya, Congo, and the Philippines; Philippine Student Seminary
Announcements: If you have any announcements for the Sunday bulletin, please call Pastor Gobelman, (847) 989-4676.
- Next Sunday, November 15, 2020 we will continue our Sunday School Bible study through the Book of Romans as we look at Romans 6:1-14.
- Next Sunday, November 15, 2020 we will continue our sermon series through the Gospel of John. Sermon text: John 3:1-8
- Next Sunday, November 15, 2020 we will continue our Family Bible Study through the Book of Revelation as we look at Revelation 2:12-17.
- Pastor and Linda Gobelman will be away on vacation from Monday, November 23 through Monday, November 30, 2020.
- Join us after worship on Sunday, November 22, 2020 next door at the parsonage for a time of coffee, tea, and fellowship.
- Starting Sunday, December 6, 2020 and continuing for the months of December and January, we will be taking a break from our sermon series through the Gospel of John and beginning a recurring series through the Book of Psalms titled A Heart Longing for God.
- Catch up on past sermons & Bible study lessons at our SermonAudio website: https://www.sermonaudio.com/solo/emmanuelreformed
Offering & Attendance: November 1, 2020
General Fund — $3, 456.78
Synod/Classis — $1,308.00
Mission Fest — $25.00
Thomas Nuss Memorial — $500.00
Attendance — 46, Communicant Members — 42
Offering Today: General Fund & Philippine Student Seminary
Next Week: General Fund & Compassion Kenya