[Prelude and Announcements]
Silent Prayer and Piano Response
- Call to Worship — Psalm 92:1-4
- Opening Prayer and Gloria Patri
- Hymn #88, “With Grateful Heart My Thanks I Bring”
Reading of Holy Scripture: Numbers 21:4-9
Confession of Faith — The Nicene Creed (Bulletin Insert)
Heidelberg Catechism: Lord’s Day 47, Questions 122 (p. 873)
Congregational Prayer & Lord’s Prayer
- Hymn #296, “All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name!”
Reading of Holy Scripture: John 3:9-21
Sermon: “Earthly Things and Heavenly Things”
Pastor Carl Gobelman
Presentation of Offerings (Offering plate will be available in foyer)
- Hymn #498, “Jesus! What a Friend for Sinners!” (vv. 1-2, 4-5)
- Closing Prayer and Doxology
- Congregation please stand as able
This Week: November 22, Sunday School — 9:30 am; Worship — 10:30 am
Next Week: November 29, Sunday School — 9:30 am; Worship — 10:30 am
Sutton Community Home: Myrna Ulmer, Verly Hofmann, Leoma Sisel; Kearney Veteran’s Home: Johnny Griess; Henderson Care Center: Jeanine Fehr
Prayer Requests: Marsha Hendrikus (lump in throat, Bev Ochsner’s sister), Cheryl Cloet (back), Family of Dave Huber, Leoma Sisel, Arnie Boehler; Jeannine Fehr; Mercy Street Reformed Church (Denver); Omaha Reformed Church; Westminster Biblical Missions; Compassion Kenya; MERF; Reformed Faith & Life; Reformed churches in Kenya, Congo, and the Philippines; Philippine Student Seminary
Announcements: If you have any announcements for the Sunday bulletin, please call Pastor Gobelman, (847) 989-4676.
- Pastor and Linda Gobelman will be away on vacation from Monday, November 23 through Monday, November 30, 2020.
- Our guest speaker for Sunday, November 29, 2020 will be Mr. Robert Davis. Mr. Davis is a ruling elder at St. John’s Reformed Church in Lincoln, NE
- Due to new Nebraska DHM’s, we will be postponing our monthly fellowship at the parsonage until December.
- We will be holding a special offering on Sunday, November 29, 2020 to help cover the costs of the repairs on the parsonage.
- Starting Sunday, December 6, 2020 and continuing for the months of December and January, we will be taking a break from our sermon series through the Gospel of John and beginning a recurring series through the Book of Psalms titled A Heart Longing for God.
- The next Family Bible Study hour will be on Sunday, December 6, 2020 at 7:00PM. We will be looking at Revelation 2:18-29.
- As of now, we have a shortfall in our Synod/Classis giving for June 2021. Our shortfall currently stands at $21,695.74.
- The consistory will be accepting nominations for the office of elder to be voted upon during our annual meeting in January 2021.
Offering & Attendance: November 15, 2020
General Fund — $1,910.00
Compassion Kenya — $60.00
Attendance — 39, Communicant Members — 37
Offering Today: General Fund & MERF
Next Week: General Fund & Sutton Christian School