Silent Prayer and Piano Response
- Call to Worship
- Opening Prayer and Gloria Patri
- Hymn #32, “Great is Thy Faithfulness”
Psalter Reading — Psalm 6 (p. 787)
Heidelberg Catechism: Lord’s Day 49, Question 124 (p. 873)
Congregational Prayer & Lord’s Prayer
- Hymn #194, “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel”
Reading of Holy Scripture: Psalm 42-43
Sermon: “Yearning for God in the Midst of Distress”
Pastor Carl Gobelman
Presentation of Offerings (Offering plate will be available in foyer)
- Hymn #661, “As Pants the Hart for Cooling Streams”
- Closing Prayer and Doxology
- Congregation please stand as able
This Week: December 6, Sunday School — 9:30 am; Worship — 10:30 am; Family Bible Study — 7:00 pm
Next Week: December 13, Sunday School — 9:30 am; Worship — 10:30 am
Sutton Community Home: Myrna Ulmer, Verly Hofmann, Leoma Sisel; Henderson Care Center: Jeanine Fehr
Prayer Requests: Marsha Hendrikus (lump in throat, Bev Ochsner’s sister), Gina Borders & the Griess family (passing of Johnny Griess), Eric &Cheryl Cloet (COVID), Leoma Sisel, Arnie Boehler; Jeannine Fehr; Mercy Street Reformed Church (Denver); Omaha Reformed Church; Westminster Biblical Missions; Compassion Kenya; MERF; Reformed Faith & Life; Reformed churches in Kenya, Congo, and the Philippines; Philippine Student Seminary
Announcements: If you have any announcements for the Sunday bulletin, please call Pastor Gobelman, (847) 989-4676.
- Tonight we will continue our Family Bible Study through the Book of Revelation as we look at Revelation 2:18-29.
- This Wednesday, December 9, 2020 our ERC Youth Fellowship will be meeting for a time of food, fellowship, and fun. Time: 7:00PM. Place: The Parsonage. Invite your friends.
- Next Sunday, December 13, 2020 we will continue our sermon series through Book Two of the Psalms titled A Heart Longing for God as we look at Psalm 44.
- Next Sunday, December 13, 2020 we will continue our Sunday School Bible study through the Book of Romans as we look at Romans 7:1-6.
- The Next ERC Lady’s Bible Study will be meeting on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. We will be going over ch. 7 in the Knowing the Bible study guide.
- As of now, we have a shortfall in our Synod/Classis giving for June 2021. Our shortfall currently stands at $21,695.74.
- The consistory will be accepting nominations for the office of elder to be voted upon during our annual meeting in January 2021.
Offering & Attendance: November 29, 2020
General Fund — $1,025.00
Parsonage Repair — $1,610.00
Sutton Christian School — $20.00
Attendance — 25, Communicant Members — 23
Offering Today: General Fund & Synod/Classis
Next Week: General Fund & Philippine Student Seminary