Silent Prayer and Piano Response
- Call to Worship — Psalm 98:1-3
- Opening Prayer and Gloria Patri
- Hymn #196, “Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus”
Psalter Reading — Psalm 7 (p. 788)
Heidelberg Catechism: Lord’s Day 51, Question 126 (p. 874)
Congregational Prayer & Lord’s Prayer
- Hymn #200, “It Came Upon the Midnight Clear”
Reading of Holy Scripture — Psalm 45
Sermon: “Wedding of the Great King”
Pastor Carl Gobelman
Presentation of Offerings (Offering plate will be available in foyer)
- Hymn #210, “Silent Night! Holy Night!”
- Closing Prayer and Doxology
This Week: December 20, Sunday School — 9:30 am; Worship — 10:30 am; Family Bible Study — 7:00 pm
Next Week: December 27, Sunday School — 9:30 am; Worship — 10:30 am
Sutton Community Home: Myrna Ulmer, Leoma Sisel
Henderson Care Center: Jeanine Fehr
Prayer Requests: Marsha Hendrikus (lump in throat, Bev Ochsner’s sister), Eric &Cheryl Cloet (COVID), Leoma Sisel, Arnie Boehler; Jeannine Fehr; Mercy Street Reformed Church (Denver); Omaha Reformed Church; Westminster Biblical Missions; Compassion Kenya; MERF; Reformed Faith & Life; Reformed churches in Kenya, Congo, and the Philippines; Philippine Student Seminary
Announcements: If you have any announcements for the Sunday bulletin, please call Pastor Gobelman, (847) 989-4676.
- Tonight we will continue our Family Bible Study through the Book of Revelation as we look at Revelation 3:1-6
- Next Sunday, December 27, 2020 we will continue our sermon series through Book Two of the Psalms titled A Heart Longing for God as we look at Psalm 46.
- Next Sunday, December 27, 2020 we will continue our Sunday School Bible study through the Book of Romans as we look at Romans 7:14-25.
- We will have our Christmas worship service on Friday, December 25, 2020 at 10:00 AM.
- The next ERC Lady’s Bible study will be on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. We will be looking at ch. 7 in the Knowing the Bible study guide through Genesis.
- Our 2021 Annual Meeting will be on Sunday, January 10, 2021 immediately following the worship service. Worship will start at 10:00 AM and there will be no Sunday School that morning.
- As of now, we have a shortfall in our Synod/Classis giving for June 2021. Our shortfall currently stands at $21,695.74.
- The consistory will be accepting nominations for the office of elder to be voted upon during our annual meeting in January 2021.
Offering & Attendance: December 13, 2020
General Fund — $1,651.99
Parsonage Repair — $500.00
Philippine Student Seminary — $70.00
John Griess/Verly Hofmann Memorial Fund — $625.00
Attendance — 46 Communicant Members — 40
Offering Today: General Fund & Compassion Kenya
Next Week: General Fund & MERF